Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday, August 19 2013 

 Hello Mommy! This week has been SO HARD! I had been having so many doubts and struggles. I can't understand anything so my thoughts just go home. They go to how easy I had it before and how this is so tough. I just want you all to be so so thankful for EVERYTHING that you have. There are little po po's (grandmas) out on the streets everyday with their little hunched backs just cleaning and sweeping. They are so old and fragile but still work hard. People in Hong Kong have houses the size of our reading room and it is normal. No one has a car unless they are super rich and the people live in such humble circumstances. We are just so so blessed to live in America. And we are so blessed to have our amazing family. So many families have members who reject them because they are part of the church. I am just so grateful for you all. I think about you all the time. I just hope you are doing well! I love you so much. 

Ok, so I haven't gotten any letters or dear elders yet. Someone told me that it takes 3 weeks...and I don't know how to send letters yet so I'm sorry in advance! And, yes, the other 2 sisters in the apt. speak English so that is a blessing!

 Our apartment has two little tiny rooms, a small kitchen, and a room with a couple desks. Luckily, we don't sleep on the floor! We have 2 bunk beds. They take up an entire room. Like we don't have an inch of space between them or between the wall. It is a miracle that anyone fit one in there and we have two :) It is kind of funny. We do exercise everyday. We have a little basketball court right by our place so we go there. But it is usually raining so we don't really go there a lot. The church does have air conditioning, so that is GREAT. The heat does bother sister Lee. Everyone has little fans they take around. Like the legit folding fans in the Chinese movies. It is pretty cool! But there is not really any way to deal with the heat. You just deal with it. I hear that it should be a little better next month. Crossing my fingers! 

 My companion and I have been able to communicate a little bit better this week. We got three new member referrals this week so that was a miracle! And two of them are families. I hope and pray that they will listen to our message. Every day we go for hours and hours trying to find people who are prepared and want the gospel. It is so hard to be rejected time after time because I know how much EVERYONE NEEDS this gospel. I know how much it has blessed my life and I so desperately want others to feel the comfort and eternal happiness it will bring! 

 I don't know if this is mean or not but I LOVED hearing about Aunt Blanche and Justin :) hehe oh, our family! I just love them so much! And tell Kara congrats! I also want that job when I get home. So you didn't ask me enough questions this week so I'll just start rambling now. 

Oh, hmmmm, ok, guess what I ate? Chicken feet, chicken liver, pig nose, and pig tongues. We ate at the bishops house! Yep. His wife made about 12 different Chinese dishes and made me try them all! It was pretty nasty haha. They knew it too. Bishop had to tell me that my Chinese would get better if I ate the chicken feet. He is so great. The members in the ward are so nice. There is one man that brings the missionaries treats every Sunday...and by treats I mean little hotel soaps or condensed milk or oatmeal :) He is such a cute little Chinese man. Oh and I have some pictures here. The apartments here have huge metal doors on them. They are kind of like little prison cells. I'll get a picture on here.

 I also went to Monkok today to shop with my companion! It was great and I love Hong Kong shopping. CLOTHES ARE SO CHEAP. really. Mom, you will LOVE it. 

 So we have one investigator named Charlie. She looks like a little minion on despicable me. I don't know if I already told you, but she is just so cute. She has a baptismal date for September...I think. I hope she will be ready! We have so many investigators but none seem to want to progress. People in Hong Kong are so busy and they just say mh dahaan. No time. Not available. It is rough on the missionaries. But we will make it! Tell the family that I love them. And I wish I was there for the maternity clothes fitting!!!! I think about you and pray for you every single day. I love you so much and thank you for everything! You are the greatest parents on earth. XOXOXOXO

 -Sister Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment