Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monday, July 29, 2013

 MUMSIE!!!!!! HELLLOOOOOOOO!!!!! I am totally ok with you asking a lot of questions :) Ok now for the answers! I DO HAVE MY FLIGHT PLANS!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I will send them in a picture to you :) I sure hope that you get it because I never know if these computers send a blasted thing! Ok hmmmmmm I can probably call you around 8;00 on Monday morning! You can look at the flight plans too to see what would work. I don't really know because I don't know how long it will take my district to get through security and out of country luggage stuff. JUST BE HOME ALL MORNING!!!! :) WOOOO HOOOOOO ILL BE IN CHINA THIS TIME NEXT WEEK!!!!! or on my way at least! And ok, calling card, I hear that collect is super expensive. So I will try to get another phone card so I can call ya :) think of questions to ask me on the phone! 

haha and yes I have a visa! as far as I know. We are all set to leave on Monday morning! I hope you can see the flight plan picture. sister May is already gone. so I don't get to see them anymore! OH and there is a sister in my district and her parents are both from SNOWFLAKE ARIZONA! and my zone leader is from Thatcher. Wow. Everyone knows about Eagar Arizona! I LOVE IT! 

So I hear it has been raining a lot! how cool! I love to hear that :) I am so excited and would love to see a picture of the green Round Valley! AND I WANT TO SEE A PICTURE OF MY SISTER WITH A BABY IN HER STOMACH! just saying :) and I have had a few people email me and tell me how wonderful Rachel's talk was! So RACHEL SEND ME A COPY:) I AM SO EXCITED FOR RACHEL TO GO ON HER MISSION! IT IS GOING TO BE SO COOL! although I was hoping that she would have to come here :( its ok though. ANd I hear that a lot of missionaries have to do that weird visa thing. Like for the phillinesesese (however you spell that) they have to come to Hong Kong every 3 months so they can do that same visa thingy. That will be so much fun. I am so excited for her.

 Language.....oh the language. It is.....coming haha. Wow it is sure a hard one! but I bet I can get around haha. I am going to be in for a big surprise when I get on that airiplane and they start speaking in a language that I did not learn at the MTC! It is definitely time to leave. I feel like the only way I can learn more is to actually experience it! I want to experience the bamboo mats as beds and eating with chopsticks and eating fish brains! yes I'm even excited for that! 

oh and I just need the regular colored pencils. Just to color with. and as with the hair stuff...i just need some oil or something! Anything that will help it hold a curl and keep frizz down. It doesn't have to be that exact stuff. I just need something that will help me haha. My hair is already crazy here. I don't know how crazy it will be in the old hk. oh and about my skirt. I think I'll be able to fix it! no worries! I can't wait for the package!!! I LOVE PACKAGE :) and hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

ok story time So I was just teaching a lesson with my companion this week. Our investigator asked us to tell him a little bit about President Monson! So we said that he was sweet and a great story teller and ladie dadie dadie. Then we decided to tell him that he was a little older. When we said the word "old" our investigator got so red and just started to like cry.....and then laugh....and then didn't stop for well over 5 minutes. He told us that we should never ever say that word! He later explained that if we use that word for old as an adjective for a person...then it meant equivalent to the "F" word in English. I was so embarrassed!!!!! Oh my goodness I felt so bad! 

So I learned that Cantonese gets harder and harder everyday! haha I just need to watch what I say. It turns out that that word has 47 different meanings depending on how you use it. So I learned a lesson there. So today we got to clean the temple. It has been closed down for 6 weeks now. It was just my district. A lady took the sisters to the celestial room and we got to clean the chandeleire....don't know how to spell that. We took it apart and cleaned pieces and then put them on. It had taken the ladies over a week to do most of it. We were just there for the finishing touches and putting it back together. It was amazing. I felt such happiness cleaning the Lord's house. The temple is the most amazing place on Earth. I just want to have every single person to have the opportunity to enter the temple and make covenants. It is the greatest thing we will do! A lady then took us to the bride's room. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! everything was coated in gold. I am so excited to go to the temple ( at the right time. not soon of course) and realize that I will be with my husband forever! Wow it is just so amazing. I hope that we can all realize the amazing blessing we have. Please go to the temple as much as you can! I won't be able to go much in Hong Kong so do it for me! :) The temple is really the House of the Lord. 

 I am loving being a missionary and I can only imagine it getting better and better every day! Everyday i learn more and more about the gospel. Study the scriptures and PRAY ALWAYS! prayer is so powerful. I have received so many answers and promptings in these short 9 weeks of being a missionary. I have felt the presence of the spirit with me daily. It is the best feeling in the world! I invite you all to do whatever it takes to have the spirit with you always. We have so much in this life that can distract us from our real purpose! Take a little extra time in your day and thank God for everything! I love you all!!!!! cant wait to talk on Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment