Sunday, July 21, 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013

 MUMSIE!!!!! I'm so glad that you got the letter from last week...that is sad that it didn't send because now you have 2 long emails to read today! haha but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!!!!!! Everyone loved it. But there were no brownies......odd. haha that's ok. I eat enough anyway! I AM SO READY TO GO TO CHINA! I cant wait to meet my mission president and just get out there and teach REAL people. Actually that part is just plain scary. I don't know how to talk to them and I have to speak in Cantonese. They don't understand English very well like I thought they would. But i am trying! 

I am getting nervous about the 8 new wards thing! But we can do it! I know we can. I have the best district. they are ALL better teachers than I am. I need to step it up haha. But they all studied Chinese before they came. I am definitely the odd man out. I just hope and pray that the gift of tongues is not what I am experiencing now haha. I tried to tell someone that they looked nice today and it came out ""you look tasty". My teacher definitely let me know about that one. You know what they say, everyone who learns a new language will make mistakes,,.I am definitely making mistakes!!!!! But it is fun and it is worth it!
     
Anyway I love to hear from you and hear about the rain! and dads calling and Rachel and Jess and Andy and JAXON!!! :) keep it coming! so hmmmm what happened this week... well I have 6 investigators now when normal missionaries have 2. We are so stressed out because we don't know the language and we have at least 2 lessons a day. It is terrifying but somehow we seem to get everything done everyday! It is a miracle from Heavenly Father. I can now bear my testimony better and say a prayer and give the first 2 lessons without notes. I am not supposed to use notes anymore either. Our teacher told us that and we are all a little scared but we will be ok!

 hahah I would love to hear about Rachel's babysitting story!!! Tell her to dear elder me or something!!!! and I wrote you a letter just in case this doesn't send so that will tell you about the temple.....I don't really know what to say in this letter. Maybe ask me some more questions haha. the MTC is the same......the teachers are the same....my district is the same.....and my companion is the same. Sorry I don't have that much information! I LOVE YOU ALL! I hope that you are all doing well. Remember that I love you and I am away on the Lord''s work. It is I got the rest of my CHINESE NAME! buuut I can't read it haha so I dont know what it means. someone tried to help me and we think it means like ""Rare/Valuable _______(something something) rushing rivers"" haha So all the love from the rare valuable something something rushing river sister who loves you all very much!!!! I LOVE YOU love you love love love! xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment