Sunday, July 21, 2013

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013

 MUMSIE!!!!!! So, first of all, I love to get your dear elder leters! Keep them coming! :):) And would you tell your daughter Jessica to write me or something? I want to know about Jaxon! And about the blog! Just please correct any mispelling mistakes and you can share whatever you want on it! But make sure that it is uplifting. I noticed that my first letter was all about homesickness and no one wants to hear about that. So just whatever you think would be good! And you can share the pictures :) NOW for question answering :) I hope mum mum likes my letters :) (vilma) I hope you are sending these to Aunt Nancy and Kara too! I would love to know how they are doing! Do Kara and Kale still want to serve missions? 3. The time is weird here. I have been here for a month but it feels like a year and then like 2 days. Maybe a year because we do the same thing every day and maybe 2 days because thats how much chinese i know! haha 4. My mouth is doing great! until I yawn or somthing. then it hurts! but dont worry :) it is not keeping me from eating thats for sure! haha I figure that I won't have food I like in Hong Kong so I can eat whatever I want here :) even though I don't like the food. I do eat the food you sent me though! THE COOKIES ARE YUMMMY! of course they are. 5. The 4th was a great day! We watched 17 miracles. Mom please watch it, so sad but so good! The faith of the pioneers was amazing! I hope to have that much faith my whole life! We also got to watch the fireworks (yingfaah) through a fence...through a tree.....through another tree.....but the sound was fantastic! my 2 favorite sounds in the world are fireworks and thunder. Anyway it was really fun :) then they gave us ice cream. I love this country and the independence and freedom we have! A sister in my room got a letter from her dad and he said, " I love the 4th of July and all the freedoms we celebrate, but don't you think it is amazing that we get to celebrate our freedom every Sunday when we take the sacrament?" I thought that was just so good! Every week we get to be free from our sins! Every day we can be! That is definitely something to celebrate. 6. RACHEL GET CROCS!!!!!!! get crocs get crocs. do it get crocs. And really. the clothes you wear dont matter. Well just get clothes that will last you. My clothes are great! other than I already broke a zipper. Make sure that doesnt happen. You really won't know until you get there. I dont know how to help there. sorry! 7. My companion is doing great and My other sister training leader is leaving me next week. So I get to start all over with another sister and then probably another one. I am at the MTC for like a decade according to "MTC time" haha but hey it is a great place. ICHIRO is there? awe man! I always seem to miss him! I haven't heard from my foreigns yet so please tell them to write me! I am good friends with the Dutch district and I am giving them her as a referral so uhhhh she better be ready!!!!!! hehehehehe :) They are coming for her! and I'll find some German ones too (this can go on the blog. they should be prepared) haha. yeah yeah Brandon told me about his visa! That is so cool that he is with elder Edwards!!!!!!! wow. What an awesome experience! I think they were friends. they were in sports together. and they are both great elders so I am so excited for them!!!! And again, JESSICA DAWN! WRITE ME A LETTER! Jaxon needs to know about me and I need to know about him. And still want one of those creepy ultrasound picture things. My journal is longing for it. OK so cool experience! My district went on a temple walk yesterday and gues what? We ran in to some Cantonese speakers! One was from HONG KONG!!! yeah so cool! So I decided to be smart and talk to him in Cantonese. I mean I have been here for a month. of course I would be able to understand him. ....not so..... I tried to say hello and they looked at me like "what the heck is that little white girl trying to say". Yeah. Then I was like....ok well I can share my testimony then right? But before I could, the elders from my district came over and started talking! One tried to say that he liked Cantonese and it came out "I want to kill you". But of course we didn't know that until one of the cute chinese girls almost started to cry! She just turned to me and said "he scares me". then she told us what he said. It was so funny but NOT at the same time. It was so hard to understand them and alllllll of our tones were wrong. haha That humbled me for sure! Then the elder told us that these girls were all investigating the church. They came from mainland China to hear about the church. One of them even had a baptismal date!!!! We were so excited! Then one of my fellow sisters and I bore our testimonies of the book of mormon to her. I don't know if she understood but it was our FIRST real missionary experience! It was so amazing. The spirit was so strong. Even though they couldn't understand us, she knew what we were saying. It was so amazing. The picture here is with her and the others :) wow I just love the Chinese people! The Hong Kong boy that was there told me what ward his parents were in and told us to say hello to them! So I am pumped for that! Then he said "I dont want to scare you missionaries but guess what you get to do?" " My parents said that the mission president wants 8 new wards in the next 18 months!" THOSE 18 MONTHS ARE MY MONTHS! I will be a part of this amazing work in Hong KONg and I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! They also said that it's ok if our Cantonese is not too good. We can always speak Mandarin to the people! haahah OK, so another surprise! We will also be learning some Mandarin on our mission! Wow I need the Lord so bad! But I know I can do it!!!!! I will do what the Lord wants me to do. He will make it all possible! Anyway, I love you all and hope you are having a fantastic day! Ngoh Jidouh ligo gaawui haid jansatge. gnoh jidouh yurksat simaaht haid singi jansatge. ngoh jidouh thomas s monson haigh jansatge sinji. ngoh jidouh taugwa moyimoungihn ngohdeig hoyih jipsauh kaisih! (I know that this church is the true church. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that Thomas S Monson is our prophet today. I know through the book of mormon we can recieve our own revelation) ps. watch the Joseph Smith movie and also read 2nd Nephi ch 4!!!!! LOVE YOU! LOVE THIS GOSPEL! LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! ONLY ONE MONTH AND I WILL BE IN CHINA!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment