Sunday, July 21, 2013

MUMSIE! I love Mondays because i get to write you :) but i write so fast that i can't check to see if i spell everything right so I'm sorry! also the Cantonese grammar is messing me up, my English grammar so sorry for that in advance too! :) Well it is SO GOOD to hear from the family! I love you all so much :) let me answer your dear elder letter first! The stitches are OUT!! woohoo! it didn't hurt that bad. It had scabbed over though so i will have a scar (said that Dr.) but other than that it is just taped up at the moment. i don't know how long the tape will stay on though ahah I might need new skirts in china because i can already tell that some of them are wearing out! haha tell Rachie to maybe get a couple more than she thought she would need. I brought a couple extra and it was a great idea!!! Tell her to just remember, you can send anything home so it is better to bring too much than not enough. maybe....i don't know. t The large polish man's name is president Capik. and he does NOT speak Cantonese. Too bad huh? But he sure speaks English! I will talk to the mission home president for the Nicolls but NO HUGS. That is so cool to hear about Rachie's mission! That is going to be such a great experience!!! I don't need anymore medicine! what i have is perfect :) thanks again! Ok the choir was so fun to be in!!! YOU SAW ME! i re-watched it and yes. that little smidge of a face behind the tall girls is me! it is the first song. i am wearing a light teal-ish shirt!!! I knew you would see me mom :) haha. stinking elders! they always get all the attention haha. It's ok though, the sisters are much prettier. There was a lady from Hong Kong who was sitting by the sisters in my room and she was telling them all about how special our mission is. We are the hope and the doorway to China. We are the closest the Chinese people can get to the truth. Even if they can't bring their religion home, they can feel it in Hong Kong and be a part of it. I want to learn this language so bad! I WANT to be able to express myself to those amazing people! and I am trying my best! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DONUTS!! my district loved them :) haha send healthy food implies donuts for sure! love you! I think Sydney leaves this next week. Her last name is Barnes. I don't have her address though! sorry! I don't know how to get it! I-pod. Rachie cant use it at all? we cannot use it in the MTC actually, but they said that we may be able to use it in the mission field. I am pretty sure I can but we don't know how to ask. All the missionaries in my district brought one so i think I'm ok! if not I can send it home and you and dad can have it :) I AM STILL SO EXCITED FOR JAXON! WOOHOO!!!! and I am not the only missionary whose sibling is having a baby while they are gone. That is really the only thing I am sad about right now! haha Uncle Eric emailed the missionaries about little Walker. That would have been so scary! poor kid. But it reminds me of president Monson's talk and dads little accident :) hahaha it always makes me laugh! as for the package! I would love some mints and maybe just some simple vitamins. We are lacking here at the MTC. Also I am kind of addicted to tootsie pops. I took like 15 with me and I have eaten them all! if you could send a couple of those I would love you even more. (if that is even possible...I don't know). ok so I remember you asking what a regular day was for me...maybe it was dad. but here it is! 6;30 we wake up 1 hour personal study lunch for half hour personal study time for 1 hour 15 mins classroom instruction for 3 hours lunch for 45 mins language study for 1 and a half hours classroom for 3 hours dinner for 45 mins additional study time for 30 mins gym for an hour get ready for 30 mins additional study time for 30 mins plan for 30 mins go to bed Everyday things are in a different order but pretty much the same! No, actually one day we have service and I love those days! Pretty exciting haha. Yeah, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. That is so true. Tell Rachie Poo that. Also my estimated departure date is Aug 5th! WOOHOOOOOO!!!! Almost a month and a half away. haha it is hard being in the MTC for 9 weeks. But it will fly. And I still don't think it is enough time to prepare me for Hong Kong! I am freaking out a little!!! My teachers are Gu Hindaih and Gwok Hindaih. They are AMAZING! we all love them so much. One is a returned missionary form Hong Kong and the other is a native. They make class time easy to stay awake through and they care about us so much. I am so blessed to have great teachers! Oh and can you tell Lieke and Janice to talk to me?! I had their emails once....but lost them. Send them my love! love love love So the language....it is so very hard. you never know what you are saying. I said something in class and my teacher looked at me like I had hugged someone or something. he then, very sternly, said. "never say that....to anyone.....ever". I decided not to ask and to just listen haha. So i still don't know what I am saying most of the time. Our investigators laugh at us a lot because we are so clueless but hey that happens to all missionaries! The broadcast was amazing We sat so close to the general authorities. They turned around and looked at us a lot... so that was pretty cool. One even blew a kiss to us sister missionaries :) what a great time. I love the emphasis on EVERY MEMEBER A MISSIONARY! It is so important! And you guys are wonderful examples of that! I love how you always invite people to come unto Chirst and his gospel. BE BOLD! share with everyone :) I love being a missionary. I love serving the Lord. It is all going to be worth it. I can't wait to be able to share my personal conversion story with the people of Hong Kong. They are amazing and I feel an overwhelming love for them already. I love you all so much! Please remember to do whatever you can to have the spirit with you always. The Lord loves you and wants to help you in every way possible. All we need to do is ask and have faith. We need to act on the promptings we receive. Even if they don't make sense to us. I have had a few experiences with that the past 2 weeks and it is amazing what a simple action of faith can lead to! I LOVE YOU XOXOOOOOOXOXXXOXOXOX -Your Hong Kong Missionary Huhng Jimouih

No comments:

Post a Comment