Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 13, 2014

GOOD MORNING!
YEAH SISTER WARNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow that is the miracle i needed today :) I think that we should just let her know that if she knows one thing in this goespel is true, it is all true. If Joseph Smith was a prophet then he HAD to have had the priesthood. Wow i am so happy :) I will pray for her! We need her help in building the kingdom. 
Have you been inviting people to hear the gospel?

We were able to teach Mr. Wong this week and it was AMAZING. He is so good. He doesn't have religious background so we are still teaching very simply which is what we should always do. We haven't met his family yet. They were not able to make it to conference :( but we will schedule him tonight to see him this week. We will be inviting him to be baptized. Charmaine....well that lesson was...it was a rough one. We taught one with Kasey and it was great! She didn't want to be baptized though so we planned the next lesson all about baptism and scriptures and general conference. Well we worked with a new fellowshipper to help her know more people in the ward. Well our fellowshipper did not help our cause very much and charmaine told us she didn't really want to learn more. But we will work with her this next week. i really learned the importance of having a GOOD member to help teach. I hope we will never play down the importance of the basics of the Gospel. We must ALWAYS pray, read our scriptures and go to church. They are such important parts in our path to eternal life. 

I LOVED CONFERENCE! One of my favorites was elder Holland of course but i LOVED the one about the olympics. We are all on our 4 minute run. Every second counts. We only have a short time to fix our mistakes and really do what is right. Do what heavenly Father wants us to do.  Then we will have eternity to look back on what we did in those 4 minutes. I don't want to regret anything! So i think i need to look at my life and see what i need to change so that i can have that "perfect run". I also liked the quote that Jess gave me about the gospel. The Gospel gives us wings.

I was able to see a lot of the Kwun Tong members at conference and i love them so much :) one of the members brought me some chicken wings and a bagel haha. That is how Chinese people show their love. With food. I guess that is the same all around the world. 

I caught a few themes from conference too that i thought were pretty cool.
-LOVE
-LIFT
-HANDS
tis is all about us. WE have to love. WE have to lift. Life is full of lifting. and we need to use OUR hands to help those in need.

I've had to use my sign language a lot lately aha. We went to a fireside last night and the person who was supposed to translate didn't show up and so i was the only one who knew a little bit. Well let me tell you that it was ROUGH! I definitely need to work on the gift of hands. 

It is getting hot in Hong Kong again but i don't think it is as hot as Kwun Tong...maybe because it is not summer yet :) but ill take it for now! I hope you are having a fantastic week and inviting people to learn about the gospel!

I love you all so much and thank you for always supporting me in everything i do. I love reading your letters and feeling your prayers. 
-sister HAmblin

No comments:

Post a Comment