Tuesday, April 22, 2014

March 30, 2014



Hello! 
Our week was full of FINDING! yep and it was good. We were able to find 4 new investigators! Ok some are pretty young but all have potential. I love being a missionary. 
It is good to hear about old elder Davis. Ill keep him in my prayers. I think a mission is the best time to have a family member pass away because your testimony of the gospel is the strongest. 
Natalie emailed me this week :) she said she was so nervous haha. I would never ever redo the first few months of a mission. It was the hardest thing i have ever done but now it is the BEST! still hard but so so worth it. I just didn't know it would be the first few months. I am so excited to hear that Riann is putting her papers in! What about Dustin and Hailey?

Well this week was a really good one! We FINISHED LANGUAGE PASS OFFS!!!!! so now we can learn a little sign language is language study and in the furute i can start learning chinese characters. We are told to focus on the speaking skills before the characters. So ill probably wait a few months to start that part. 

We were able to teach our deaf investigator again this week :) she is so cute. I still can't understand everything in sign language but i can teach simple lessons in sign language. I feel like i have a deaf person radar now. We were on a boat to ap leih jau and i saw this deaf family in front of us. I couldn't let them go without trying to share the gospel! so we ran to talk to them when the boat stopped and the dad was not too interested until he could see that we were trying to speak sign language. then we got their number and now our recent convert who is also deaf is texting her and setting up a time to meet with them. What a miracle! 

My area has about 5 islands. But we only go to 3 because the others are too small and no one really lives there. and they are far away. it only takes 5 minutes to get to ap leaih jau and about 30 to get to lama island. And then we live on Hong Kong Island. It is so pretty here. I love it so much.

And now i know what they mean when they say spring rains. Last night we had what they call a black rain storm. We had just gotten into our apartment when the who sky went dark. Then sheets of rain were pouring down. We turned off all the lights and the lightning was so big that it lit up the house. The thunder what so loud and it was just amazing looking out the window of the 23rd floor of our apartment. And it hasn't stopped raining yet. It is not black rain anymore but I'm pretty sure the swimming pool next to our apartment is full :) 

So this week we went finding a lot a lot a lot a lot. We decided to walk from our house to our area (instead of taking the mini bus) well we didn't know it would take 2 hours. Finally we found a place called pok fu lam. THERE WERE HOUSES! Yep little tin houses but we could knock on the doors and it was legal. I felt like a real missionary knocking on doors haha. but then we were just knocking and walking when i heard an angelic angels voice. Yes mom. it was ELVIS! It was blasting from someones garden. so mom just for you we went to go see who it was! well his name was mr chan and he was about 60 years old. He invited us into his house (a fence with a tin roof and a garden) and decided to show us around. Well he talked to us about all his plants and that just reminded me of dad haha. anyway we tried to share the gospel and he interrupts us and tells us that the green plants in the very back are drugs. so we decided to get out of there! but we wrote down his number and said we would send the elders to teach him about the word of wisdom. he was so funny though! But that was a day of finding for over 7 hours. I think your prayers are working mom. We are finding. maybe you should pray for us to TEACH :) 

Oh and we do get to watch conference a week after you all. We will look for you in the front row! :) oh and also how are the kennibecks? (spl) I've been thinking about them. 

Kasey is doing great. She has been coming to church and has a calling as a ward missionary. she actually showed me her mission papers yesterday :) she is amazing. I just hope she will find a way to go on a mission! she wants to go so bad.  but i love you all so much :) thanks for the prayers. I can really feel them. I just love to think about my eternal family! Maybe not everybody will listen to me but i know that if all is said and done and no one listens to me i still have the gospel in my life and i have been converted in the process. 

LOVE YA'LL!    -Sister Hambreen

No comments:

Post a Comment