Sunday, November 30, 2014

Nov. 20, 2014






so first things first....we tried calling mr rogers and HIS PHONE DOESNT WORK! can you send me the number again? and how do i call it? is it a chinese phone or american? We really want to contact him and i already got is cleared with the mission president :) #2 thank you for Joanna ge email! i have been thinking about her a lot.
and yes i know sister olsen. I lived with her for over 9 months haha. I love her!!!!!! and i hear she is getting married in jan or feb. Ai ya! 
HELLO FAMILY!
this week was good. We did a lot of stuff. one of my favorite parts was the thanksgiving party for our ward! they tried to celebrate thanksgiving haha. No one knew what it was. So they asked us to put on a little skit. It was terrible haha but so fun. Then our investigator Joey invited her parents! THEY CAME! and so we scheduled to see them this coming sunday. Pray for the family! 
We have also been continuing to visit our lovely sister chan. I love her so so so much. We see her almost every day. She loves the book of mormon and calls us when miracles happen to her! She will forget to eat breakfast, pray, and then someone will call her and say that they bought breakfast for her. Or she will lose something and pray and then find it right away. She loves the gospel and is so ready to be baptized on the 14th. She could be baptized tomorrow though she is so good. It is just the best when you don't have to force the gospel into someone. I love when they just want it. 
We have been trying to talk to tsing yi. she is still having a hard time. So i asked bishop if he would have an interview with her. well she totally changed and wants to eat dinner with us and a member this sunday! thank the spirit for telling me to talk to bishop. Our bishop is so great.
We have been doing a lot of finding lately but i love finding. i love getting to know people. We have been trying to do more singing finding and cats cradle finding! it is funny but people really like it. We are just doing a lot of new things to change things up.
This week my companion was having a realllllllllly hard time. So we went and talked to president hawks. He gave us a challenge. And let me just tell you that it has changed us completely. We have a better relationship and everything is running a lot smoother. I have a testimony that president hawks is called of God. he is here for us. And he knows exactly what to do and say. WOOHOO! the gospel is good,
Presidend Hawks also told us a story about himself. One time he was swimming for a race in a lake. That day in the lake there was a ton of green mossy stuff. He said that when he hit the middle of the lake, he couldn't move anymore. He said no matter how hard he paddled and kicked, the end still seemed the same distance away. Far. Well then he said all of a sudden he was at the finish line! and boom it was over. I feel like that is like a mission haha. It is so hard and you just work and work and kick and sometimes it feels like you are not making any success, but then boom. It is over. I still have almost a month and i am going to keep doing my best, but i am so grateful that i have tried my best the whole way through so i don't have to feel like i have to make up time right now. Thank you for teaching me to work hard! 
My exchange with sister Brown was amazing :) she is so good! such a hard worker! I have not seen a new missionary as amazing as her. I love her :) she is stellar. 
This week i also got sick for like the first time! I lost my voice for 3 days. It is the first time i have lost my voice in my whole life. It was so hard not to talk but it helped my companion to grow and it helped me to be more aware of my surroundings. It was a blessing to get sick!
Well, life is good. The gospel is true. Jesus loves me, and I have never been happier. I love you all and i love Hong Kong!!!!!!!
-Sister Hamblin
#1 sister brown and I
#2 our thanksgiving food for our ward and indian costume... :) haha it is so chinese!

No comments:

Post a Comment