Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 18, 2014

Good Morning family
This week has been a great one. We have been working hard to open Chai Wan. We have gotten lost a lot and we really have no clue what we are doing or where we are going. We are also having to travel to TKO to do turn overs with the elders in our old area. All in all, things are good. We have one investigator named Lilly. She is a mother with 3 daughters. Pray for Lilly. I never thought opening an area would be so complicated. We don't know who the bishop is or any of the auxiliary leaders are. But it will all fall into place if we work hard and are obedient. I also found out that i will be training this coming transfer which is on thursday. If you have any suggestions please let me know. It is a little scary opening up and area and then training a new missionary, because i don't even know where we are going or what we are doing. I would just really like to get a foundation in the area. We are doing a lot of finding people and finding our way around the city. Chai Wan is back on the island. Another little twist was that a sisters companion went home early and so now we are in a tripanionship. We will be taking over Wan Chai and Causeway Bay and Chai Wan this week until my new missionary comes in. So things are hectic right now. So many changes happened in so little time. 
This past week was fun though. We went to monkey mountain this week and were able to hike and see monkeys....like real monkeys. a lot of them! They are so scary. If the elders in our district were not there i think i would have gotten out of there as fast as i could! Everyone was taking pictures and loving the monkeys...but me haha. I was shaking in my crocs. Then a monkey came right up to me and started scratching my leg!!!! I just froze up and couldn't move haha. Well all the missionaries got the monkey away from me. Anyway, i came to the conclusion that they are not so great. But the hike was amazing. It was so beautiful. It felt like we were walking the great wall, but more of in the mountains. 
China is such a beautiful place. I love it so much. 
We also have a new house. We live in Bak Gok. Which is North Point in English. It is a big city and pretty ghetto-y. We have a lot of cockroaches and bugs. And the elevators don't wait for you so i get squished in the doors a lot haha. but no it is also really fun. It is what you picture a mission apartment to be like. 
Sorry i don't have much to report on this week. There is just a lot of change and we are going to need a lot of prayers! But a cool fact. I have been in the same stake my whole mission and i will be in Chai Wan until the end and so i will be a Hong Kong Island Stake missionary.
I love you all.
-Sister Hambli

No comments:

Post a Comment