Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Aug. 31, 2014

August 31, 2014

HELLO!!
(wait so Rach is coming home early? What? YAY! so we will both be home for christmas?)
This week was a week. We had a lot lot lot of miracles. Like 2 really good miracles! We were able to meet a girl named Kelly on the street next to the promenade in Sai Wan Ho. Well we sat down and started to talk to her (me with my bad chinese and my companion with her......chinese haha) and she was just so sweet. She is 18 years old and just finished her BIG Hong Kong DSE test. Well we asked her what she has been doing and she said praying. She didn't do well on her test and so she was a mess. (if you don't do well on this test you have no hope in being anything other that working with food your whole life. Only one out of 7 teenagers who do well on this test get to go to a university. so it is a big deal.) well she was so sad and discouraged until one of her friends told her to try and say a prayer. She didn't believe in God or Jesus Christ but she thought, hey, why not. Well she prayed and she has had a huge change of heart. It was so great to hear her testimony of prayer. Then we testified of prayer and told her about the restored gospel. She then agreed to meet at out church to have a tour and listen to more. She came and we invited her to be baptized on October 26th. She accepted! It was amazing. The spirit was so strong. My companion did an amazing job at teaching and it was just miraculous. So Kelly is our miracle. 
Then like i said last week our bishop has been inviting us to pray for people to come to us. So we have been praying really hard for this. Well just as we were dropped by some investigators last night we got a call from the Tung Chung elders. They said that a member brought a family member to church today and this girl was so interested and then she lived in our area!!!!! so we called her and scheduled her and will see her this coming Saturday. Her name is Au Yeuhng. I am so excited to teach her and get to know her and help her to come unto Christ!!!! So please pray for Kelly and Au Yeuhng. 
We were also called by other elders to introduce a less active to us named Joey. She has probably the most sad life i have ever heard other than Job. Everyhting bad has happened to her! She is 19 years old and her grandparents mom and dad have died in 3 months. Well she is also an amazing girl and we are working on helping her gain a testimony of the church and the Atonement. 
Chai Wan is a great area and my companion is also amazing. She is so strong and willing to learn and try new things. Sometimes it is really hard to get her to talk to people but hey i understand. I really remember how i felt. But now i don't know how it is to not understand how it feels to not understand Chinese. I feel like everyone should know it! haha so i need more patience and love. 
We were able to go finding with some members today. I want to invite you all to go finding with the missionaries this week!!! You will change. I know it. try to take some time not only to have the missionaries over for dinner, but to actually go out with them! do the work with them!
So now some updates from ABERDEEN! remember when i was having a really hard time in Aberdeen and we didn't have any investigators for 4 months and then we found Helen?!?!!? well she got baptized yesterday :) Miracles happen. 
This morning during my study time i really put myself into the scriptures and a song came into my head. 
It talks about seeing the Savior
It talks about what we will do when we see Jesus. Will we sing praises to His name or will we fall at His feet. 
I can't wait until I see the Savior. I have never been more ready in my life. I love being a missionary. It is hard....really hard, but it is a lllll worth it. Every single rejection and drop of sweat. It is all worth it for Kasey Serina Ashley Kelly Au Yeuhgn and every single other person we have talked to and not yet talked to. I love these people so much. I love the member and the people who anti our church. I love the old ladies picking up wet boxes on the street and the busy rich business man going to work. 
Hong Kong is amazing and i can't imagine myself anywhere else at this time in my life. Thank you so much for encouraging me and supporting me and praying for me. You are my strength. You all and the Savior. Keep Him in your thoughts always and start to love all the people around you. Heavenlt Father is preparing the people of Arizona, Utah and Idaho. Germany, Holland, the D.R. and everyone all over the world! Be the light that they can look to to find their way to the Savior. I love you all so much
-sister Hamblin
pic: my beautiful city


No comments:

Post a Comment