Monday, October 27, 2014

Oct. 19, 2014


HELLO!!!!
I CANT BELIEVE JANICE IS SO AMAZING!!!! well we always knew but now i am just so happy. I knew it was going to happen. It is just so amazing to me. I have been feeling a special love for Germans lately to I think because I am in china with her, i have a special connection :) WOW! I am so happy. I am just crying with excitement. I can't believe it! She has to move to America and go to BYU with me :) HELP HER DO THAT! 
This week was amazing. Well....we lost our golden investigator Tsing Ti...BUT THEN SHE CAME BACK TO US! It was one on the saddest moments on my mission. She just said that the commandments were weighing her down and that she didn't know if this was all true...then she gave us a bunch of food (typical when someone drops you) and told us not to call anymore. :( she was supposed to get baptized yesterday. But then we tried to call her one more time about 6 days later and she said that she would MAYBE come to church. We waitied and waited for her and no show. Then 20 minutes before church ended, she popped in!!! She looked tired and a little confused. We talked to her after church and she had a total change! She said that she woke up 4 hours ago and was just wrestling with the spirit. She felt like she needed to go to church but Satan was telling her not to. She finally took the courage to travel 40 minutes to church. She said when she walked in. she had the most amazing feeling of comfort and happiness. We explained that that is the spirit and that this is what she should be doing! She completely changed and is excited about her new baptismal date! It was a huge miracle! 
We also had another miracle with our beautiful investigator sister Chan. We went to her home this past week. She has seen missionaries for 5 years on and off. I just had a prompting to ask her if she felt anything different from now and 5 years ago. She told me that she didn't feel stressed to be baptized, she just felt ready. She said that it was a miraculous change and that she loves us :) IT was so amazing to hear those words from her mouth. She is amazing. She is excited to be baptized on the 14th of December and she even changed her job to do so. What great faith exemplified from sister Chan. I love them. 
We were also walking yesterday and BOOM a lady popped out of no where and she invited us to come to her home this thursday to teach her about the gospel :) This area is just exploding! 
Then we were doing pull backs at the church in Wan Chai and I saw this girl that looked pretty sad. So i just went up to her to see how she was doing. she looked at me and just started to cry. She just did really bad on her english test that would determine if she would go to a university in england. She was so sad. We just talked and she said that she wanted to feel peace inside the church. We gave her a tour and she loved it. She told us that she had seen a lot of missionaries before and was just rude to them. She said that she just felt something different this time. Now we will see her again this week :)
I just love hearing from reachel as well. WOW 9 FAMILIES IN THEIR COMPANIONSHIP IN ONE WEEK!!!!! that is more than my whole zone in a whole month! Rachel is amazing. It is so good to hear about her :) 
So what happened this week?... hmmm oh we went to teach one of our thai members. We got to her house and I sAW That she had a parrot. So i decided to talk to him. He was mad and wouldn't talk to me. I tried so hard to get him to talk. But no success. Then we finally started the lesson. THE PARROT WOULD NOT STOP TALKING! I was about to throw him out the window in his cage haha. He just kept saying JOUH SAHN! That means good morning haha. He did it for 20 minutes. So this picture is me trying to talk to him. I don't like birds very much. 
Last night we also had a convert fireside. All the recent converts bear their testimonies and share it with investigators. HELEN from Aberdeen bore her testimony and it was amazing. I am so blessed to have taught her. She is another miracles. 
Anyway, sorry this email is random and everything probably doesn't make sense.....but I do know that this gospel has brought me so much happiness this week. And my whole life. I have a very strong testimony of it. I am so grateful for amazing family to teach me and you two amazing parents to help guide me. I know without a doubt that heavenlt father exists. I know it because i have felt His love. And I have seen Him work miracles in so many peoples lives. I am SO BLESSED to have this opportunity to serve the Lord. It is like the mission call says."more happiness than you have yet experienced awaits you as you serve the Lord and His people with love". I have never ever been happier. Ever. I just love everything about our life on earth. Yes, bad things happen, but those bad things are not eternal. It all depends on how we deal with the bad things actually. Just remember, we ALL chose the Heavenly Fathers plan in the pre-earth life. That is why we are here now. Now what we need to do is follow it! Please please please keep sharing the gospel! It doesn't matter if they except it right away or 4 years later like janice or 5 years later like sister Chan. But let us give the people we love an opportunity to feel the happiness we all have experienced!
I love you all so much. 
-sister Hamblin
#1 me and Helen

#2 a random panda i found on a wall in the ghetto :)

No comments:

Post a Comment