Monday, March 3, 2014

Feb. 16, 2014




Ok hello mom! :) ummm hmmm so this week was a great one! Remember Gigi? the lady we met on the street that said she didnt believe in prophets and shot down our testimonies? well she called us this week. it was a miracle. she asked us "i just want to know how you absolutly know for sure that you have a prophet?" she felt the spirit testify and she wanted to know! it was amazing. And we have taught her every day this week :) SHe calls us to pray for her every night. SHe is a part of the baptist church though. We visit her and she tells us that she believes in her churches information but she feels something different and right about what we say. we have been trying to help her know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are two seperate beings. We taught a full lesson about that. She just cant wrap her head around it. And on friday she finally opened up. she told us about all of these problems she has and things that have happened in her life. I know that this is the hardest investigator i have had yet on my mission. She askes all these bible questions and i just really need to brush up on my bible skills and really everything. She is definitly going to push my studies and the way i think. I am so grateful i get to teach her. But we are going to need a lot of prayers for her. :) miracles happen every single day here.
 
We also have our zone conference this week with our beloved president Hawks :) we just love him so much. but he invited us to read the talk "living a life of peace joy and purpose" but elder richard g scott! this is the talk he gave at jessys graduation!!!! Dad do you remember that? when we walked out you told me that i needed to find that and read it because it was sooooooooo good. well president hawks was probably there and also loved it. so i have been studying that this week. I invite you all to read it too. It is amazing. One of my favorite parts was the decision section. We need to base our decisions on eternity. He says that most people make them based on current situation and how that usually give us bad results. I loved this thought. lets all base every decision on our eternal lives. Have an eternal perspective. I just think about Joseph Smith. I feel like every decision he made was based on eternity. He never had an easy life. He was persecuted from the time he was 14. He had to suffer his family to so many hardshipps. He did not only made decisions based on himself but for the church and for the world. He could have easily given up and denied everything so save his family or the church members, but he had an eternal perspective. I love lookig at the like of Joseph Smith. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet.
 
Transfers were this week and sister johnson got moved to tai wo. But i got a new companion! her name is sister Cheung. She is CHINESE!!! I am so blessed with my chinese companions. She was born in California but both of her parents are from hong knog. So her cantonese is like perfect, but she can also relate to me :) haha but i love her so much. she is so sweet and has a very strong testimony!
i came to a realization this week. so let me just tell you that sister johnson and i were devistated when she was told she would move. we cried all during district meeting and the 3 days after that. i just loved her so much. Then when we went to stransfer, my companion was not there yet so i got to spend an hour with an older missionary. sister alder. She didnt really say much, but she changed my mission. I dont even know how. She has amazing cantonese, she was talking to president hawks about extending her mission. she already extended it 6 weeks and she was trying to extend more. she just always brought conversations back to the atonement. she is just amazing. I just came to realize how much i really need to change. I have to improve on so much. I want to become a missionary like her. I just could feel her love for the gospel so strongly.
 
SERINA WAS BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! Serina is our investigator that has been learning for 6 months. She her little borhte and sister were baptisez yesterday :) and also Chan jimuih. So our ward had 4 baptisms! and each companionhsip in our ward has at least one person being baptized. it was such a special day. sister chan is the elders deaf investigator. That was such an amazing experience to get to see her being baptiszed and just the spirit that was there.
And it would be great if you could pray for Kasey. she moved back in with her parents a couple weeks ago and we havent seen her since. She wont answer her phone and told a ward member she is in the hosputal :( pray for kasey! she is so strong. we just have no idea what happened to her. But i know that ashley from kwun tong is justdoing great.

sorry i sent that without finishing. So sister hakws just called and said you called her! oh mom. Ill be fine. my patriarchal blessing says so. but thanks for worrying about me :) president hawks also told me that there was a new sister coming in from st johns in april!!! FIND OUT WHO IT IS! maybe sister lee will train her too :) wow. time is just flying and it just keeps getting better and better. I am able to understand more and speak and i can feel the spirit testifying to people through our lessons. I am liking the chinese foods now and just feel more comfortable. I absolutly love being a missionary. I love you all so much and i hope that you all will continue to read the scriptures every day and sencerily pray. Not just a rote prayer but pray with your heart. i know that on my mission i have felt more power through prayer than i have in my whole life. Dont let anything slip and remember to make your decisions based on eternity!
love you all
-sister hambreen



No comments:

Post a Comment