Monday, March 3, 2014

Feb. 9, 2014



 
LEIH HOU!
haha dad is a funny man. Of course he would do such a thing!
Ive been prayng for uncle M. We hope he will start feeling better! as for this week....it was another GREAT one!
oh and mom i measured a mole on my back and i think it is a little bigger than that 5 mm thing.

this week we got a NEW INVESTIGATOR! her name is Anna :) she is 21 and just so good. She came to church too! It is rough getting people to come to church and make commitments. Everyone is sooooooooo busy. I didnt understand busy until i came to Hong Kong. I feel so bad for so many of these wonderful people. But it was a miracle to have anna come to church! We also had Serina at church :) she wiill be baptized next week. I have been so blessed to have met these people.
 
So this week we decided to go finding in a place called Wah Kwai. Well it is a little sketchy but hey there are prepared people EVERYWHERE! so we went. and when we were walking we found this cool path into the jungle! so hey we took it and we found POK MUHN DEIHFONG! that means we found little houses that we could knock the doors. SO COOL! I have never ever done it before because it is illegal to knock on doors here. But sister Johnson and i decided to take the chance and try it! we were super scared but we started walking up very thin stairs to these houses on the mountainside. All the gates were closed and we were getting a little sad. Then we saw and open gate! so we went in and turned the corner. right when we turned the corner we saw this huge pitbull half rottriler (sorry cant spell it) sleeping! we almost stepped on him! so we backed up slowly and stopped breathing. We backed out of the house and decided to get out of there! when we got on the stairs we looked up and there were 3 others coming at us and barking! i almost wet my pants...skirt! We just stopped and prayed so hard. Then the other god woke up because the other ones were barking and started walking toward us and growling. i have never praYed so hard to live. haha i know that other missionaries probably go through this all the time but we were dying. We just had a feeling to walk toward the dog and just squeze our way through him and the mountain to get out of that place! well he kept on growling and stuff but he didnt bite and we got outta there! so i just hope i never find one of those places again...then we went away from that place and went down by the ocean by some houses. We were on the premenade when i looked down at my legs and i had over 30 bites on my legs. there were killer flies just eating me alive! We got out of that place too and decided to go to a place we knew. I found my bug bnite stuff and put it on my legs and then my eye started to itch and i didnt remember i had bug stuff on my fingers and just stuck my finger in my eye. Let me just tell you that i thought iwas going blind.  haha it was a rough day.
 
JOKE TIME!
 
what do you call an aligator in a vest?
 
AN INVESTIGATOR! hehe a momma joke.
 
OH AND GUESS WHAT!!!
ELDER HOLLAND IS COMING TO OUR MISSION TO TALK TO US IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!? WE ARE STOKED!!!!!!!!! yes elder holland :) the super sweet apostle. He is coming to talk to us! well im just super super duper excited!
 
OH and we went to a leadership meeting last night and i saw ASHLEY! our convert from Kwun Tong! She is a ward missionary and doing so goood! she is also going to BYU Hawaii in april! it was such an amazing day.
 
So we went finding this week and we found this lady named Gigi. She was so great and really interested. Then i bore my testimony of prophets. she looked at me and was like "wait you think you have a prophet right now?" and let me tell you that i just have this stellar love for President Monson so i just layed my heart out for her. Sister Johnson and i just looked at each other and couldnt help but smile. I felt the spirit testify though me so strongly. All i had to say was that i knew without a doubt that we have a living prophet on the earth. Then i took out my book of mormon. I showed her a picture of president monson and we bore testimony again. Then she looked at me and told me that we were being childish and just believed what other people said. She told us to be careful and not believe him. I have never been more hurt i dont think. I wanted her to feel it so badly. I wanted her to know that I KNOW that we have a prophet. We gave her a book of mormon and a restoration pamphlet and asked her to read. She then texted us the next morning and told us that she didnt want to talk to us anymore. Well that experience just made me stronger. I know that we have a living prophet and that this church was restored though Joseph Smith. I know taht we have the priesthood on the earth right now and i cant deny it. It just makes me so sad when other people wont let the spirit touch their hearts.
 
So i just want to share one more thing. So you all know the primary song, He sent His son.
"How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness. He sent His son a new born babe of peace and holiness. How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go? He sent His son to walk with men on earth that we may know...."
This week i couldnt stop thinking about Gods love for each and every one of us. I think about how hard it would have been to send His perfect son as a helpless baby down to this rough world. Then seeing His son being rejected beaten and suffer for each of us. We know that God is perfect but i know that He still has feelings. We know that He weeps with us when we weep. He rejoices us when we rejoice. He is our Father and loves us more than we know. But i think one of the greatest acts of love He has showed to us was when Chirst was on the cross. He had to leave his boy in His greatest time of need. How hard would that be to have to leave your son when he needs you most? I am not a mother yet but i cant even imagine. I hope that we can all remember the love our Haevanyl Father has for us.
 
I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week! talk to you later :)
love sister hAmblin!
 
 this is a picture of the jungle we walke through to that creepy knock doors place haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment