Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014



HELLO! :)
hehe i love your emails haha. 
The dr just checked my back so it wasn't that bad. And i didn't bring the bra with me haha that is a weird word. But i have the little clippy things that are fake undershirts that i lOVE i am wearing one as i type. 
MIRACLE! Kasey answered the phone this week! We got to talk. She sounds perfectly fine but i know that something happened. We will continue to work with her and pray for her. Our ward is just a mess thinking about her and trying to help. 

Well today i got my "leave date" :( I haven't been more sad on my mission than today when i opened the letter. It says that i will be home tuesday december 23rd. It is way too soon. But i am super blessed to have almost an extra month in Hong Kong. I am just heart broken right now. I don't want to leave. I love it so much here. So just letting you know. I don't know what we will have to do with school stuff or anything. It will be a little crazy because school starts the beginning of January. So just let me know what i need to do. Because i really don't have any idea.

So this week started out well! I woke up crying because i had a dream michael phelps retired. I don't know if it is true or not but i don't really care haha. I don't know why i was so attached to him in my dream. But i woke up crying. 
Then we went to do some exercises in the park and we saw the regular grannies just doing their morning exercises. So we decided to ask them if we could join. It was so fun. I love the old people in Hong Kong!
We were also able to meet angela this week. She was our investigator about 2 months ago and then she got a new job and disappeared. Well we were able to schedule her this week and we saw her and it was amazing. She has such a strong desire to know if this is true. And she does know it. We gave her a baptismal date for april 5th! So we are so excited for her :) I think that transfers are in the middle of April. I do not want to leave Aberdeen. This is my home :) i love it and the ward so much. When people reject us and just tear us apart, our ward is
ALWAYS there to build us up and make us stronger. The members in Hong Kong are so strong and amazing. 

I don't know if i have told you about the "shoe guy" yet but i think that every area has a strange man. Kwun Tong had the "dancing man". He would find the missionaries and just try to dance with them and yell at them and follow them around. Well we have the shoe man in aberdeen. If you are wearing shoes that don't strap he is there! He walks to you and hold his hand out for you to shake it and if you shake his hand he steals your shoe! So i have learne(from past experience) not to shake his hand. Well he popped out of no where and didn't even try to shake my hand and went right for the shoe! Well we were on a but so everyone was watching and i just had to handle it like a servant of the Lord. I was blessed and he didn't take my shoe but boy he scares me! So look out for the shoe guy :) haha

OH! sweet news! My ward correlator brother Chan told me that he was going to phoenix this tuesday! and he wants to call you two when he gets to the states just to talk. He has been my ward correlator for 5.5 months and he is amazing. He is one of the best members in the world! well i gave him the house number and your number mom so he will call you this week! and so if you are in phoenix this week he would LOVE to meet you :) and wouldn't it be cool to meet someone from my ward? well he and his wife will be in arizona. If you have time then you should definitely see him! But i know you are both really busy so if it doesn't work out then it is ok. But he will call you so be ready! :) his name is Jimmy Chan. and his wife is Jo Chan. :) :) they are amazing and have 2 sons on missions right now. 

So mom to answer your question about have we FOUND anyone this week. Well we find a lot of people every day! the problem is if they want to find the truth or not. We were walking past a dragon parade when i saw this man sitting on a boat on the sidewalk. (that sounds weird but they are all over the place) and so i decided that the spirit told us to talk to him. So i walked up, said Leih Houh, and he turned around. Well he had these harry potter glasses and one of those chinese mustaches. but it was a little thin and very frizzy. but that didn't stop us! so we started talking and it turns out he lived in arizona for 6 years and went to ASU! (that tells you what kind of a man he is right off the bat) haha just kidding...but really. Well his name was Ben. And the first thing he brought up was Joseph Smith. We explained that we don't worship him. Then he asked "do you know what will happen to me after i die?" well that is a perfect question and one that all missionaries want to hear!!! so we got all excited and said YES and started to introduce the Kingdoms of Glory to him. Then he stops us mid sentence and says NO there is NO middle kingdom! you go to HEAVEN or you go to HELL! that took us a little off guard. So we just looked at him for a second and he asked where it talked about that in the Bible. so look! a great opportunity to talk about the book of momrmon and other revelation. Well he didn't like that either. And he wanted me to talk to him in english so it was just weird all together. Anyway we kept taking my arm and saying "you need to stop preaching false doctrine" and "you need to get back to the bible" "the book of mormon is not revelation. it is not the word of god". well one thing i have come to realize on my mission is that i KNOW that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and it is revelation! So he could tell that i couldn't deny it. But he was just so sincerely trying to "help" us come to the truth. Well it was a good lesson but he just wouldn't listen. So we just stopped and i started to bear my testimony to him. I felt such power flood into my words. it was amazing. Then i looked at him expecting him to feel something and he looks into my eyes and says "you are a masterpiece from God". I decided that was our que to get outta there. haha. but we invited him to pray and read the Book of Mormon. He wouldn't do it. I just felt so sad. I can't understand why people don't believe the truth. THIS GOSPEL MAKES SENSE! there is nothing confusing about the gospel. There is nothing that doesn't make sense. If people would just listen and let the spirit talk to them they would know! But i just remembered what Elder Holland told us "if they can't accept that we have revelation then leave them because revelation has always been what classifies the true church". I just feel so bad for the people that won't take it in. But we will continue to pray for them. 

We were also able to talk to Gigi more this week and she didn't like us. Well we are pretty sure she has 2 personalities. She will text us and be mean and then call us and love us. So she told us to come to her house for orange chicken so we went and then she didn't answer rthe door and gave us a text after. Ill send you a picture of the text. I think that explains her. But we will pray for her too.
 

But all in all this week was great! I love this mission and my companion! she is so fun :) and she has such power when she teaches. I love you all so much and hope that all is going well. Tell grannies and uncle merrill i love them! I love you! :) :) 
<3 sister Huhng





oh ps hong kong has some of the best food ever! this is us at a Japanese place. in honor of you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment