Monday, March 3, 2014

march 3 ,2014


this is my comp and i in the MTR and at a cool lithe brick restaurant.


HELLOOOOOOO! 

well yes i went to the old doctor leung....well he is not old but he is pretty good i guess. it was ....interesting. let me just say that the stereo type of chinese doctors is right! haha no it was good. he said that it looked great and that we just needed to see him again in 4 months to make sure nothing is changing. but it was pretty expensive! it was 2,600 hong kong dollars! that is about 300. i put it on my card if that is ok. Sorry family! and i have the receipts if you want me to send it all to you i will! just let me know! Sister Hawks went with me and then she took us to lunch afterwards. I love her so much. 
 
so this week was super great! Elder Holland was AMAZING! we had a missionary meeting for a little over 2 hours. just right before we took pictures with him! and i was lucky enough to be RIGHT BETWEEN HIM AND PRESIDENT HAWKS! yep i was front row because i am even short in asia haha. But it was amazing. these two are my most favorite people in all of China right now so i was just so happy. then Elder Holland, his wife, brother and sister stevenson, and hailstorm. I decided to do the 40 day fast that dad told me about. so i fasted that day and really focused on what the spirit told me i had to change for these 40 days and really for the rest of my life. Well Elder Holland started talking about how this mission is not just right now. This mission is my life. I need to make every change permanent. Then i feel like every talk was about prayer. Elder Holland said that when we pray, we should refuse to let heaven go. We should feel so connected with heaven when we pray. I realized that sometimes when i pray i am just praying because we pray when we go out we pray when we come in we pray all day every day and i realized that sometimes my prayers are not sincere and i didn't really feel like i was really contacting Heaven. So for these 40 days i am changing the way i pray.. Sister Holland told us about 3rd nephi when Jesus visits the nephites. She talked about how Christ prays and prays and then commands them to pray and the whole chapter is about prayer. Then Elder Holland talked with a lot of pulpit pounding :) He has such a passion and love for his mission. It was amazing to feel the power when he spoke to us. I just have so many notes haha so i will have to share them later. Buti felt so empowered. I just know that he is an apostle. another thing from that conference was "don't just go through your mission, let your mission go through you". We need to let everything go through us! we can't just go through the motions. I should be forever changed because of this. So i just love the 40 day fast idea. THANKS for telling me about it :)
But one of my favorite parts of this week happened when Elder Holland left. We all stood up when he left. Then all the missionaries waved him off as he exited the chapel. Then we all turned around to see president and sister hawks just looking at us all. I feel like time just stopped as we looked at them. They had such amazing love. I can't even explain how happy it was. It was so emotional to see them looking at us as our parents. I don't know how to explain how much they love each one of us. It is incredible to just look at their lives and know how much they have sacrificed to take care of their 150 other children. I love them so much. 

So we had such an amazing miracle this week! My new companion realllllly wanted to check out our finding area this week. so we decided to try new places. well the first few days were rough. We couldn't find many people and if we did they wouldn't stop. Well we decided to go to stanley. Yep, the huge tourist place. and then we realized why missionaries don't go there. Well my companion came from one of the few places in hong kong where you can pohk muhn. that means we can knock on doors. so she had an idea to just roam until we found somewhere we could knock on the doors! so we followed the spirit to a cute little alley way and guess what we saw. A TRAMPOLINE! it was a yard with a trampoline and a patio and all! So we decided to try to knock on the door. So we go up to the door and before we could knock a lady opens the door and says "come in!". Ok this was my first time knocking doors and this lady just opens and asks us to come on in! Well she is from london and her name is Sasha. She has 2 of the cutest little kids i have ever seen. Their names are claudia and hector. Well she told us that she had just been reading a book and it talked about missionaries and then she just opened the door and there we were! What a miracle. Well she only spoke english so it was solo weird to try to speak in english. Well she talked to us about her husband. He was in switzerland at a press conference for some sport thing. I don't exactly know what but they were suppppper rich. The house was HUGE! they had a couch and everything. So we got to talk to her and she rescheduled us to come back. it was SUCH A MIRACLE!!! We will have to turn her over to the englsih elders (who are both chinese) haha so it was just so good. miracles happen every single day!

This sunday we also got a new investigator! Her name is susan lee. She is deaf and has 5 children. She is the cutest and so are her kids! WE have a member who comes with us to help us translate but it is so amazing to be a part of a mute lesson. We are excited to see what comes from this. It is so amazing that we can teach in sign language. I am a little scared because we will be expected to know it soon haha so ill be working on that! We have the deaf sister who just go baptized and she is going to teach us more this week. so pray for us to learn more sign language:)

we were also able to go to a space museum today and we......ummm hmmm well we find and find and find! So we will keep finding and teaching! I love you so much, Thanks for the prayers. I can feel them so strongly. I love you love you love you! HAVE A GREAT WEEK! expect miracles and serve others!

Love sister Hamblin




No comments:

Post a Comment