Saturday, January 4, 2014

December 22, 2013

GOODMORNING!

haha oh mom your emails crack me up! i dont even know where to start when writing you all back. hmmm ok so the day after christmas for me at 10 am is when we have it schedueled. GOOD! and i dont know what you are talking about when you say "so all 4 of us can talk at the same time". but it sounds good. ill buy a phone card just in case it doesnt work out and ill see if i can call you too. and we only have about an hour so not too many questions haha.

ngh siuje is the wonderful woman with the dreams and THEY ARE ALL GONE! :) no more bad dreams. let me tell you that prayer is real and it works! Angela is still planning on being baptized in feb and we have another investigator who realllly wants to be baptized on the 12th of january so we are working hard for that. her name is serina. Kitty So is still doing well and it is just amazing. I love missionary work.

I GOT THE PACKAGE! thank you so much :) I love the reeses and the clothes :) and the scarf was just the cutest little thing! We need scarfs here haha. I really didnt think that it would be cold in Hong Kong. Surprise.

I love the scripture rachie sent dad in 1nephi 21;16. I read it this week and really could feel the love of our Savior. But then i thought that it is also very important to think about His life. Then we need to examine our own. Are we living as the Savior would want us to live? I know that i have so much to change in my life, but i know that it is all possible through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I have started reading the Book of Mormon over asking the question "What is the Atonement"? Just this week I have learned so much about it. I hope that we can all change something this new year so that we can have our lives be a little more likke the Saviors.

So let me just tell you that this week was the best week on my mission. On saturday all 6 missionaries in our ward and some ward members went to a disability home and sang and played games with and talked to the beautiful people. It was one of the best experiences ever. I felt love for them that was so gasam. It really was amazing. They were just so cute and loved our not so good singing. Then this man went up and started dancing some taigit dance and all the people all at once just started singing this old traditional chinese song! It was so cool! I love the Chinese culture! I wish everyone could experience what i am experiencing right now!
Then  after we went there we had to run to west point or saiwaahn to help another ward with their christmas party. We went and there were 12 missionaries all ready to help get people to the party. It was so cool to find people on the street who were willing to go into the chapel to learn about the Savior.
Then right after we had to go back to heunggongjai to help our ward with our christmas party! It was so much fun. We had about 10 people who we reallllly wanted there there! There were games and songs and chinese dances and a lot lot lot of food (boy do we eat). But i think the most amazing part was ngh siuje! She just loved it! She has the 2 most cute kids in the world. They were there and just having so much fun. Ngh siuje is just so shy and humble and she just opened right up and smiled and laughed and just had so much fun! it was so great.
Then yesterday was CHRISTMAS SUNDAY! i cant tell you how many presents and food the ward members gave us missionaries. We have bags and bags and bags of food and gifts. We dont have enought room in our apartment to keep them all haha. I just felt the love of the members so much. Even if i only understand half of what is said, the members here know that we are trying our best and are helping us out so much. It really is the greatest time for missionary work!

ok now the questions. Olivia is doing great haha. She is no engaged. i dont really want to think about my other friends right now haha. This work is all that matters! How is Dustin and Natalie! i hear they are also planning on serving! when does Kale leave?

Oh and just for you mom. I saw an iguana finding this week. I would have sent it home to you but i am a little scared of them. Sorry. but you will love it here becuase i have seen snakes, spotted lizards and iguana looking things! Ok well i dont really have anything else to say haha. I have a lot lot of pictures but have no way to send them on this computer! maybe next week.
talk to you in a few days! :)


-Sister hambreen


oh and sister lee is now with my MTC companion! WHAT!? and i just passed moves haha so i am in aberdeen for 2 more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment