Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 20, 2014




MUMSIE! hello :)
what a crazy week. to start it off 
#1 i was walking on the side of the road the other day and a car got so close to me that it brushed my hair :) haha what a little taste of Hong Kong. 
#2 I found a place that just sells turtle soup! And people like it a lot so maybe ill eat some for you mom! and also snake soup. I have been looking for it everywhere! I willll eat that! I hear it is so good and keeps you warm. Jess would love it too :)
#3 I learned how to make chinese new year flowers and white carrot cake (not cake) and some water chestnut goo. Ill be sure to make it for you all!
#4 ASHLEY FROM KWUN TONG WENT TO THE TEMPLE THIS PAST WEEK!!!!!! :) :) these are the miracles of being a missionary.
#5 Everynight i write in my journal and our neighbor really likes his chinese music so he just blasts it. At first i really didn't like it but now it is comforting....kinda like rice. Rice is probably the best thing ever. I crave it. 

So i am not sure what the name of the chinese instrument is but....i have never seen anything like it. I think if you googled it it would be the first thing to pop up under traditional chinese one stringed instrument. or something like that. 
That is so cool that rachie printed a map! I really don't know of anyplace that i could print off a map. sorry :( but i am still in aberdeen haha. I have been in kowloon and the hong kong island if that helps. I think that sister johnson and i will be together for a while! i always tell president hawks to keep us together and he feels a connection because we are both from eager. I just love president Hawwks so much. He is the greatest example. He is always keeping us in perfect line and does not let us stray from the work. He knows how to really get a message through to missionaries. He is so kind but so powerful. I am so so so blessed to have him as a mission president. 

WOOHOO NAT AND KALE! i talk to rex and graham every week and i just love hearing from my cousins :) they are just so amazing. I can't wait to see them again.

I GOT THE PACKAGES TODAY! yep both on the same day :) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! hot tamales and reeses and those amazing packates of love and DADS SWEATER! :) :) i am one happy missionary. THANK YOU SO MUCH!  hmmmm so what else happened this week. The weeks are just flying by. I don't really remember what happened this week...or was it last month? I don't know. All i know is that moves are coming up and I DONT WANT TO MOVE! and idont want sister Johnson to move. I love her so much. Really i feel like i am serving with my best friend. And we have already been together for almost 3 months. It is just going by too fast! she just got a "halfway" package from her mom. It is so sad to think that she is over half way don't and she is only 2 months older than me :( but i won't think about it anymore. 

Well sister johnson and i are going to try to go ice skating today so we will see how that goes :) hehe. 

sister johnson and i were taking some pictures and just wanted to send them your way!
LOVE YA!




No comments:

Post a Comment