Saturday, January 4, 2014

November 24, 2013



Hello Mumsie and Pops :)
 
What a week full of stuff! I never can seem to shove everything into an email. But i try and that is probably why it is really so hard to read and make sense of....but ill keep doing it haha.
ASHLEY AND KAREN GOT BAPTIZED! they were our investigators in Kwun Tong. I wanted to go to the baptism so bad but mhdaak! so Sister Lee just told me about it :) I am so happy that they made the first step to happiness!
 
This week we got to meet with NGH SIUJE! :) She is a little mom with two of the cutest kids ever! (other than hudsy of course) We had the greatest lesson plan and were so excited to teach this little family (without the dad :( we will get him)! We planned THE PLAN OF SALVATION! what a great one right? We were all redy to invite her to be baptized and just have everything work out perfectly...but as you should know by now...nothing works out exactly the way you planned. The lesson was great! Then at the end i just asked. "so which kingdom would you want to go to". of course i was expecting the celestial of course! Then she just said "i want to go to the jungwihng or the tellestial". We were so confused. We just had taugh a bout family and eternal realationships and the glory of God and living with Him and Christ and so on. Why would she want to go to the jungwihng? Then the Spirit just took over. We started just asking prompted questions. We talked and talked and then it all came down to the fact that she didnt know exactly who the Savior was. It gets me everytime we ask people if they have ever heard of Jesus Christ and they say no. Ngh Siuje didnt know about Jesus Christ. So we shared scriptures and she asked us if we could just meet with her and talk about the Savior more. OF COURSE WE CAN! haha what a special experience it was for us. So we have planned that we will just be teaching lessons about Jesus Christ and His life and I am just so excited! What a perfect topic for missionary work.
 
We also have a new investigator named Kitty. We were excited to teach her and then she came in and told us that our chinese was really bad and wanted difference missionaries haha. It was funny because i didnt even feel offended. Chinese people are just so honest and i think i have gotten used to it. I hope my chinese improves so Kitty will understand us!
 
Another thing i love about the chinese people. The way they say their American letters. If they say GPS they will say GP essy. If they say MTR they will say MT ollow. haha Dad i think you will understand what i am saying. I just cant imagine what my accent sounds like!
 
Another thing. THEY DONT EAT PB&J sandwiches! Sister Johnson and I brought them to church and people thought we were insane.
 
We also tried to cook eggs this week and so we left them on the stove to boil.......45 minutes later we heard the explosions. haha Mission Lesson #1. Keep an eye on the eggs. and dont forget about them. I think ill be sticking to rice from now on. I cant even boil an egg! Rice cookers are the things for me.
 
Last night we were going to a members house to teach her mom about the gospel when we walked passed a chinese concert. Their music is.......mmmm lets just say it was rough walking passed it. I think they just like do high little screams into the microphone with chinese gongs and those little stringed instrumetns haha. Look up old chinese music and take a listen. You will love it.
 
I LOVE LOOKING AT HUDSON! :) He is oh so cute and i am so excited to be an auntie! He does kind of look like everyone i think. What a cutie! Yes mom i have bought a few new clothes. We went to MONG KOK! it was great. I dont really need anything i dont think haha oh except for more of that green facial wash in the big bottle under our bathroom sink. I definitely need some of that stuff :)
 
ok so we got new mormon messages and i found one called Earthly Father, Heavenly Father. I will invite you all to look it up on lds.org or youtube or something and wathc it! IT IS AMAZING! Then share it with someone else :) Missionary work is the best and I juslove it so much! HAPPY THANKSGIVING FAMILY!!!! :) I am so grateful to have you and all my friends. I am grateful to be a missionary in china! I have really become more thankful everyday for the things we enjoy in America. We have freedom, family, patriotism, and God. Remember to always be thankful. All day everyday. Be thankful for the trials in life because they are preparing us for our eternal happiness! I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love sister HAmbreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment