Friday, June 6, 2014

June 1, 2014



Good Morning!
HHHHAAAAPPPPYYYYY BBBBIIIIRRRRTTTTHHHHHDDDDAAAAAYYYYYY MMMMMOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
juk leih saang yaht faailohk!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYA!
You are the best momma in the entire world! I hope you have an incredible day :) what would you like me to bring you home from hong kong? haha

Tell me more about Hunter. What happened? Is he ok? 
It is great to hear about Mandy :) I love her so much! She was one person who really helped me through the first few months of my mission. I just kind of turned to her and she told me exactly what i needed to get me though the tough times! I love her! I just know she was an amazing missionary. I also email Rex every week and i have never heard of a better missionary than elder Rex Hamblin! I love this family!!!!!!! 
So this week was a good one. We went on exchanges and we were able to see miracles. We see miracles everyday. It just reminds me of how mindful Heavenly Father is of His Chinese children. We were able to teach more lessons. It seems like all the people we are finding li paaih are for other wards in the stake. They all live in the areas right next door to us! So we will start finding more ABERDEEN people :). 
This week we went finding in South Horizons and we were talking to  this wonderful Chinese mom when a really tall british woman came up to us and started yelling at us right in front of this chinese mom. Well she said bad things about us and the church for probably about 30 seconds and then stomped off. We didn't know what to say, or if we should even say anything. I felt like the missionary in Elder Holland's conference talk. But i just felt like letting her walk away was right. Then she left and we looked into the chinese moms face and she didn't understand a thing that the british lady said!!! It was a complete miracle :) we just pretended that we knew what was going on and continued to talk to the mom. It was really a miracle. We have had a LOT of anti in Hong Kong. We will meet an amazing potential investigator and then they will text us and say they have heard very bad things about our church and then never talk to us again. I just pray that we will find some way to lessen the anti and help the people around the world to understand the truth. I just think about how many people said bad things about Jesus. Anti has been around since Adam and Eve. I just think we should start thinking of more ways to fight the anti!
So i have a funny story. My companion and i ride the same bus every day to go to our area. Well there is this man that i am pretty sure is in the Mafia. I don't know if i am allowed to even say this haha but it goes with the story. So we call him mafia man. I am pretty sure he runs all of Hong Kong. Well we see him every morning. We were on exchanges and we were almost late to the bus when the sisters called us that live with us and said that we forgot to give them the keys! We looked in our bags and sure enough we had both sets  of keys. But we couldn't be late to our lesson so we had a brilliant idea. Why not give the keys to mafia man and then have him give them to the other sisterS? we didn't have a better idea so we just asked him to give them to the next american girls who came along. He looked at us like we were crazy, grabbed the keys, put them in his fanny pack, waved us off like (get out of my store!), ran to a big blue truck hopped in, and drove off! This all happened in like 5 seconds. Well we were panicking because mafia man just stole our keys! So that was a lesson i learned. Don't give your keys to mafia man :)
We will be going to see sister yeuhng (light deaf sister) this week to teach her about commandments! Wish us luck and pray that she will understand what we are signing! :)
thank you mom for sending the book! I would like some chocolate covered nuts or raisins or fruit or something! Something chocolate covered :) haha i found some at a store the other day and i got them! But i can't get to the store now so that is what i am craving right now :) 
I love you all and i hope you all have a fantastic week. The work is great. The ward is great. The mission president is happy. and the missionary is loving life!
(oh and ps i heard from Olivia! she is great :) she is not dating but i told her she can't until i get home so she is keeping the promise haha. and sydney is also doing well!) have you heard from kaeli wilt banks mom? I haven't heard from Kaeli lately! can you find out a little for me? thanks :)
oh and today is DRAGON BOAT FESTICAL SO ILL TAKE SOME ICTURES!
this is what i splurged on this past week! (don't tell dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment