Thursday, June 5, 2014

May 26, 2014





HELLOOOOO!

This past week was really good. Well let me just tell you that President and Sister Hawks are the best people in the world! I just love them so so so so much. In our interviews, president hawks talked to me about me. He is just so good at asking questions and really seeing how we are doing. He just focuses on us and how he can help and how we are growing and how we are learning. I made it a goal that i wouldn't cry in this interview :) i have become such a baby since i have been a missionary. Well i didn't cry! But i also didn't want to tell him how i really was because i knew i would shed a few tears because it has been a little tougher lately. Well i thought i got out of it and i was safe. Well a few days later i was at the mission office just getting mail and such when he came out of his office and asked me if he could talk to me. he said "I just had a thought to come outside my office and see if sister Hamblin was here. and if she was to talk to her". well i had another interview with President Hawks and he gave me a new Project! We named it Project 21 together haha. It is just 21 days of change. Well i have been in the same area for almost 8 months now and it is really small. And i go to the same places everyday to find and we do the same things everyday. It takes a tole on you. Well he gave us ways to change where we find and change studies so that we can talk to different people and different times. We have been doing this plan and it has been really good. We have seen many miracles! Still no investigators for Aberdeen but we will keep going!
We do have one investigator right now though. But she goes to a different ward. We are allowed to teach her because the other ward only has elders and she doesn't feel comfortable with elders. She is the deaf one :) we got to go to Mong Kok and teach her at her home this past week. She has a very sad life but it is changing! It is amazing to see. We were teaching her and i asked her who Jesus was. She paused for a moment (she has NO religious background). she just looked at me and did the sign for LIGHT. it was a really special experience. I agree with her. Christ is Light :)
So one part of the project 21 is going to different places! So we went to an island this past week. It is pretty expensive to go and takes some time but we got there and i forgot my BUG SPRAY! I came home with about 100 bug bites haha but it was ok because we were let into 3 homes! (it is a place where we can knock on doors). They were not every interested but it is ok. We will find the prepared person soon. We knocked on another door and to my surprise a white man came to open the door! Well he was a Dutch, Atheist, Lawyer......yeah you can imagine how that went! (don't tell Lieke) haha. well he just ripped us up! He had so many questions and every single one we had the answer to! But he wouldn't let us talk. It was so weird to speak to someone in perfect english. (mine was NOT the perfect english) But it just made me more strong in my testimony :)
I heard a quote this week
"Live to fall in His arms and feel His embrace"
It was a great one!
Oh and i can get bug spray here. I have got a lot! thanks mom :)
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
-sister humbling 


pictures
the first one is people making JUNG! this is sticky rice and meat wrapped in bamboo leaves and stuff. it is a June tradition in Hong Kong :) Then they give it out and we steam it up!
the next pictures is...uhh oh salmon! It is a cultural difference here haha. Members give us fish after sacrament haha. Well they give us food a lot. Like avocado peanutbiutter sandwiches and fish and bread. What do missionaries get in America?

No comments:

Post a Comment