Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 23, 2014





HELLO!
what? Elder Davis is already home?!?!?!?! That is not true. I dont believe it. and mandy too??!?!? And REX?!!? Ai Ya!!!!!!! It is so weird to think that people come home. But i wont:) Thank you for the updates! and thanks for the new phone. You can have it! :) and package....hmm i dont really need anything :)
As for me...well....i am in a new area! It is called Tseun Kwan O. It is so small!!! It is like another culture shock. I am with a new missionary. Her first companion went home and she hasnt been trained all the way so i am finishing her training. She is half chinese :) haha but she doesnt know the language so it is very different! Her name is sister Warner. She is from Utah. 
Let me just tell you that it was one of the hardest things i have ever done to leave Aberdeen. My last night there Bishop Chan invited us over to a "fireside". Well it was a going away dinner for me! I just walked in and our bishopric and ward missioaries and less actives and recent converts were there. They made american and chinese food and gave me the cutest little chinese presents. I walked in and jot got all teared up. I couldnt keep in in. Then they told me to stand up and share a spiritual message and my testimony. I did it in chinese and sign lanugage and i just cried. It was so sad.  Then Kasey and Serina and Sister (deaf) Chan stood up and said some relly nice things. Then they sent me off with gifts and chocolate covered potato chips haha. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to leave Aberdeen and the ward and HELEN and our recent converts and our deaf investigators.
But now i am in Tseun Kwan O (TKO) and i am loving it :) we saw sooo many miracles yesterday. We taught 7 other lessons a family and got a new investigator all in like 2.5 hours!!! It was amazing. This place is more like Kwun Tong. The people are not as busy and they are so nice. We are teaching a woman named Sister Stice. She is british. She doesnt want the international elders teaching her. Well her husban is amember and she has been meeting with missionaries for 5 years. she goes to church every single week. She believe that president monson is a prophet and the Book Of Mormon is true...she just doesnt know if God exists....it is super backwards but we are going to help her out!!! Anyway, we live in a place called La Cite Noble (not chinese). we live on the 40th floor and it is a really beautiful place. Our ward is also fantastic.
Wel have an investigator named sister Yeuhng. she is also great. I dont know the ward or less actives or investigators yet but maybe next week i can tell you more about them :)
I also found out that i speak chinese in my sleep haha.
oh and we are going to watch the NEW TEMPLE MOVIE this next wednesday so i will have my next p day then. oh and i see that skin doctor guy this monday :(.
hmmm what else. oh well there is a lot of Bamboo and masquitoes here.. (sorry i dont know how to spell mosquitoe.. in chinese it is Mun with a high tone. 
this is my new home
I LOVE YOU ALL! Tell mandy and elder davis hello :)

No comments:

Post a Comment