Thursday, October 10, 2013

September 23, 2013

HELLO MUMSIE! <3



Not drying off one bit haha. We just had a typhoon 8 and so we had to stay inside our apt. If we have a typhoon 8-10 we have to stay inside. The busses stop running and no one really goes outside. But we were lucky today because the lowered it to a 6 at 10 :). But no not drying off one bit! I think i am more wet at hot today than ever! haha But i kind of love it. Well i dont know if i can say that but it is just Hong Kong ya know? 

Yes! The Chinese wear their scarves and sweaters. I dont know how they do it. I feel like passing out everytime i go outside. Haha i can only imagine how cold i will be when i get home. From Hong Kong to Utah. But yes I am going to need some lotion for a lifetime! Even on the like 40% humidity days i need lotion here.....so it will be crazy!!!!

Thank you for feeding the missionaries!!!!! Wow you were cookin! You are such a great cook though so i bet everyone loved all the food. p.s. Can you teach me how to cookwhen i get home? I know how to put chicken in a pot and rice in a rice cooker...thats it. I NEED HELP!!!! 

HOLY COW!!!! JESS ONLY HAS 8 WEEKS?!?!?!!? awe i want to see jaxon so bad! He is going to be the cutest little baby on planet earth...well we will see. These little Chinese kids are adorable! Tell her hello and that i love her andy and JAXON! (or hudson...i guess that is alright if he isnt blonde.)

So I just want to say that i have the best mission president in the world. He and his wife are seriously the best. I am so so blessed. so i went to the mission office the other day and president hawks came up to me and said that i had to go into his opffice. When i got in he pulled up google earth and started typing in Eagar Az! We just sat and looked and talked about eagar and where he lived and where he played as a kid. It was so fun. It was just like dad :) Inline image 1

I have not received a package yet :( ...but i know that other missionaries have. so just send it to the mission home. I do get the dear elder letters but like 2 and a half weeks late...so i think dear elder is just reallllly slow!!!! I have sent you letters with the globe stamps and some i have bought here so letme know if you get the letters. I have sent at least 3!
the only thing ican think of is that scar remover stuff i talked about in the last email.

I hear from my missionary friends almost every week so it is great! I hear from the cousins and kaeliand brandon and dallin and devon and everyone :) I havent heard from olivia yet. She sent me cookies and letters in the mtc but no emails :( come on Livy!!!

So hmm something different about Hong Kong. You know when people get sick they wear like those big blue doctor masks. haha i think it is so funny, but so necessary. They are millions of people walkingaround and the masks are for public health! But it is super funny haha. Also have i told you about all the old people? Well Kwun Tong is like the old people city haha. And the old people just chill on the roads and do their little pohpo exercises. They just shake their  bodies and slap their muscles. It is so cute and funny. I cant wait for you to see them! 

Oh and ok you can see where i live if you go onto google and search like "Kowloon skyline BEA tower" There is a huge building and it has BEA on it. We walk by it almost everyday so if you see that on the internet, you will see my area!

So this week we had MissionTour. Elder and sister Wilson, the first counselor of the Asia area 70 came and talked to all the zones. It was amazing. It was a full day of them teaching us about the fall, creation, atonement, how to teach, how to imrpove, and how tochange. They gave us a list. We had to fill it out with things we wanted to change. I had A LOT of things i wanted to change. I want to become the best missionary, future mother, future wife, future employee, and daughter of God i can be. But irealized that i need to change a lot of things. I need to improve every day in everything i do. I hope you all will write down a couple things this week that you can change and really work on them! 

also at mission conference we had a sisters meeting. This was the best part. We have such amazing sister missionaries. I can see their humility and love and gratefulness. Sister missionaries are so blessed too. We went around in a circle and all shared something that we have learned on our mission (or for us newbees, something that has changed our lives or a scripture etc.) There was on sister from the phillipppeaaneessss (sp) and she shared an amazing story. when she was born, she was diagnosed with a disease. I am not sure what it was but she could not walk.For 13 years she layed in her bed. She decided to go on a mission and she was healed. She said that she knew God healed her so that she could serve in Hong Kong. She said "i am so grateful that i have these two feet so that i can find the people who are prepared to hear the gospel". I hope that we can all be so grateful that we have two feet to find and serve those around us. No matter who they may be. 

I love you and pray for you and hope that you have a fantastic week. Mom, you are my hero and my example. One of my goals is to be as loving and caring as my mother. Thank you for your amazing example! ILOVEYOU!!!!!!!!!! Ngoh Ngoi leihdeih!
-SISTER HAMBLIN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment