Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 6, 2013


HELLO MUMs AND DAD!!




I just cant tell you how much i love reading your emails and letters! haha and mom i think i realize now more than ever that moms and their girls have such a strong connection! I have been thinking about olivia so much lately and was going to ask you to talk to her for me! I also needed new insect repellant! I seriously think that the stuff i have attracts them. When i use it i seem to get way more. So i think i will stop using it! and it is 40% DEET! what the? haha but its ok. I was also going to talk to you about Halloween! You seem to know all my thoughts :) I love you so much!
GENERAL CONFERENCE! we get to see it next saturday and sunday :) I am not sure if it is english or cantonses but i bet we will be able to hear it in english. I have never been more excited to listen to a general conference before haha. I am so excited to hear things that answer my questions and help me and my investigators! I am just jealous that you already got tot walch it! 

YEAH KIA! and also Tia! She is going to New Jersey! Woohoo! With Christia! ummmm messages....i think i am good for now. Just one for Olivia :) THANK YOU MOM! ANd thank you so much for the Jerky :) you know me so wel.
NATHAN NICOL! what?! That is so scary but such a miracle! I am so glad that he is alright. The nicolls are having a rough go huh? But they are so strong. They can handle anything life throws at them. Bishop Nicoll and Sister Nicoll are seriously two of my most favorite people. Call them tonight and tell them that i love them ok? Tell them that God loves them and they have missionaries praying for them and for their families. The are so strong and i know that they are the type of people who look with eternal eyes. I love them!

OH JAXON/HUDSON! I am so so so so so excited to be an aunt. All of china knows that i will be one in one month and they are also excited :) haha. everytime i meet someone that somehow comes up... YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!
My shirt in the toilet...im not really sure. I just looked down after a shower and there it was! not like it matters haah it is that wet all day anyway :) 

Brother Jung gave me some mainland coins this week. No food because fast sunday haha. I just love him. I dont think he would accept anything i tried to give him. The chopsticks are coming! except they eat chicken wings with them! That is probably the hardest. Like i still cant understand how they do it. I wait until no one is looking and shove it into my mouth hahah. Ill have to learn someday but it is a whole lot better! Sai Kung is a place. The richer people live there haha. They actually live in houses there and not high rises! It is a little more homeie :) My favorite food...hmmm well i love frog. OH! And we had 4 chang outs this week and we went to a place called tucan lane. It is where the very wealthy people live. We went to teach a members wife. her name is Paula. haha we walked into their house and it was like a mansion! (well in hong kong) and then i saw heaven. It was a full body massage chair!!!!!!!!! Arms head bum you name it, it massaged it! And then they told me i just had to try it. so there i sat. In heaven, while they were cooking SNAILS! Yeah. full on snails. So they brought out the huge pot of snails in their shells and little sticks to pull the body out. It was SOOOO GOOOD!!!!!! so ill have to judge between frog and snails. And at that chang out they also brought us some little cans. Inside this can was a weird looking jellyfish looking fish.THey told me i had to try it out and so i did. It was ok la. but then when we left i found out that that small little peanut sized fish was 400$!!!!!!! I felt so bad. They also had a birthday cake for me and sang to me :) I love chinese people. But they always make you eat too much. Missionaries in Hong Kong do not lose weight haha la. They just say Sihk La!!! Sihk dodi! that just means eat. eat more hoisam di happier when you eat more haha.
We had to turn charlie over becasue the wards split but the elders are in contact so it is  good! And Ashley! that is her english name. I dont know her chinese name though. Ashley fung. She is super progressing! We took her to see the temple last night and it was amazing the spirit she felt. She hould be baptized on the 24th of next month. Finding. I still dont love it but i am a lot more brave. And i am a lot less sad about rejection. They are just not quite ready to hear the gospel yet. BUT THEY WILL BE! People have more interest in me being amarican than they do with the gospel but thats ok too! We will develop their interest :)

The cantonese is coming! I have learned so much with a native companion that i wouldnt have if i didnt have her. It is great. We still dont understand eachother all the time but it is ok. It makes both of us have to work harder on our language. ps i am just sitting in this internet cafe listening to like 7 boys from india talking about that facebook farm game haha they are so excited about it and they are like 15 years old. hahahahhahaha. Oh and i am staying in Kwun Tong for at least 9 more weeks. I passed the move haha and sister lee will be staying with me! So my cantonese will improve a lot more! woohoo!!!!!!
YAYA BIRTHDAY PACKAGE!!!!

I just saw halloween decorations so that is pretty cool. I love halloween. THey also trick or treat and stuff like that. It is just not as big. Houses dont decorate haha. maybe that is just my mom :)

Sister Leee says she have love for you too. hehe. oh something funny about her. She gets the words Satan and Santa mixed up allthe time. SHe was writing a leter to her friend and said that she can see the powers of santa all around. And santa is taking people from our gospel. hahah i just cant even imagine all the things i say wrong! Satan and Beach are about the same in cantonese and so is work and china so i always get those cofused.
So right now we have about 15 investigators and 7 with baptismal dates! It is amazing actually. We have about 3 that are actually progressing. Everyone just has one little problem here or there that stops them from coming to church! I want them to come to church so bad. They need this happiness!
So dad also asked me about Mute Ways I Could Serve. I have been looking and the ways that i have served mutley are very small. When i am on the MTR or trolly or bus, i will move or give my seat. I can open doors and just say hello. Last night was probably my favorite. There was a family at a restaurant and they had a baby and the baby knocked a lot of stuff off the table. So i went over and helped them pick stuff up. All they could say was thank you. they were just grateful and i felt the spirit so strongly by just helping someone pick up some things. It was great. I hope that we can all look for these ways to serve! Well i better go! I love you all so much and pray for you everyday! Thank you for all the support and not praying for things to be easy for me.
BYE BYE LA!
-sister bug

No comments:

Post a Comment