Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013






well first things first. My camera was thiefed!!! Yep. so there is this sketchy email place that we dont go to unless the other places are full but we had to go last week. I acidentaly left my camera and we went right back when we found out. Like 2 hours later. When we got there it wasnt there anymore :( so then the man told me that i had to come back the next day. So i did and we had to watch a video footage of the past day for like an hour. THEN WE SAW IT! This boy just came in and took it! I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES! this boy just took my camera! haha oh funny some chinese cops just walked in and they are sitting right behind me and just telling me how beautiful i look today haha "good morning!!!! you are so beautiful beautiful beautiful!" they just keep talking to me haha. ok back to the story. anyway so the internet place found the boy and gave me his number. We called him and he had sold my camera! what the? and then he said that he could give me 100 dollars (that is 12 us dollars) i was like, what the? how can i buy a camera with 12 dollars!? he said her couldnt do anything else. so i decided to pray and read my scriptures so i would know what to do. I opened my scriptures right to the law of Moses! Yep i could just call the police and have this boy give me money or go to jail!!! then i didnt feel like that was right haha so i opened again. I opened to justice and mercy. So i could tell this boy to give me all he had and then i would forgive the rest.... and then for some reason that didnt feel right either. Then i just thought of Les Mis. The preacher totally forgave 24601. He even gave him the OTHER CANDLE STICK! well i didnt have another camera to give him but i felt really good about this thought. I would just forgive and forget. 
Now that doesnt take care of the whole "i need a new camera thing". but i felt like the right thing was to forgive him.

so mom i dont know what to do? should i buy a new one? i looked at cameras and they are like 300-500 us dollars. that is super exprensive but i really need a camera for my mission! what should i do? i can go shop for one today but i would need money on my card. can you put some of my own money on my account so i can get a new one?

Oh today we will go to the dentist. sister Lee grinds her teeth and it is SO LOUD that it wakes us all up. Yep the first week i was here i thought it was thunder. The apartment is pretty crazy at night. I feel like i am in a mad house. One sister grinds her teeth. the other one just has bad nightmares and screams like everynight! then the other one just speaks in cantonese. So here i am, just chiilling in my bed. You can just imagine haha.

I GOT TO RIDE THE FERRY THIS WEEK! from Kowloon island to Hong Kong island. It was soooooo beautiful! ill send a picture. 

We also went to visit a memeber this week and we went to her flat and we signed in. then the guards told us that the elevators were broken...the member lived on the 38th floor!!!! so we started walking haha. it was pretty rough but we made it in less than 15 minutes! it is a good thing she was home!

hmmmm ooo i also got to eat DRAGON BEARD CANDY! it is probably the best candy in china. It is super traditional and super cool. try to find a recipe and make it! superrrr yummmmyyyy!!!! 

ASHLEY came to stake conference this week and it was amazing. All about missionary work and then tithing....which was a miracle because we had just taught her about tithing! Then right after there was a baptism. She got to watch it and the spirit was so so strong. I am so excited for her! We also got Karen back!! we taught her about repentance this week and she just started to cry. It amazes me everytime how much power the atonement has. We are also still teaching old wendy and a few others. We only have a few progressing but that is alright with me! I also started to understand what people were saying in stake conference! I got the gist of their talks and felt a little bit of the gift of tongues! WOOHOO! the gospel is amazing

I found myself looking out the window of our apartment last night and i just realized that i am in china. I am learning chinese and i am in the most beautifl city in the world. I looked through the tall buildings and across the harbor to Hong kong island. The boats were sailing and the lights were beautiful. I was just so happy. Then i thought about leaving and couldnt handle it!.i dont want to leave this place. I know i have a long time left but i am just loving it more and more every day. I wish that you could be experiencing this with me! It is amazing. 

well i dont have much time but i love you all so much. thank you for being amazing. Than kyou for staying strong in the church,. thank you for letting me go on a mission and have this once in a lifetime opportunity. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
-sister hambreen

No comments:

Post a Comment