Thursday, October 10, 2013

September 29, 2013

MUMSIE!!!!




hmmm typhoons... we dont get them often. I have only had about 3 but only 2 we had to stay in. It is definitely a mission rule. But president Hawks doesnt like it because it slows down the work! I agree! But no one wants to be outside when trees are blowing down haha. I just cant believe i am on an island with monkeys (havent seen one yet) palm trees, beaches, sharks, and CHINESE PEOPLE! wow. There are so many people but yeas i think i am used to the people. unless i want to get somewhere fast! then it is totally impossible. 

I am not sure if they even sell maderma here. But i just got your package with the jerky! WOOHOO! only 7 weeks.........ugg! Why does it take so long? But dear elder definitely takes longer than other packages. Thats what the missionaries say. 

President Hawks is amazing. And i talked to him today and it turns out he teaches engeneering at BYU. so i bet you anything that he taught andy. You should ask andy! I didnt get the chance to ask pres so let me know!!

I want to see jess so bad! I cant wait to meet jaxon! :) :) :) and i havent gotten any emails from granny carol. what is up with that? maybe they are going to a random folder in my email! Ill check it out!

soo hmmm what to tell you about. SO MANY THINGS HAPPEN EVERY WEEK! ok well remember the gaasih i talked about? The wet market? Well i was walking through and of course i am the only american there. That is still so weird to me haha. and i was squished in hundrends of people and then this fish just flops out of the water and splashes this lady right in the face. I couldnt help but laugh and then karma hit me. A huge shrimp literally jumped 5 feet out of a cage and landed right on my foot! I definitely freaked out a little. The chinese people think i am crazy.

DRAGONS
So i know why I had all those dragon dreams when i was a kid. It was because i knew i was going to china. This week i went on a stroll on FIRE DRAGON PATH! and saw a sign for the DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL. an den i even ate DRAGON FRUIT. and i also got a DRAGON FRUIT seed stuck in my eye. That was pretty darn painful.

Oh and i also dropped my shirt in the toilet......

ok so in our ward we have a brother Jung. He is probably 60 and he loves to bring me presents. This week he gave me a super cool coin from Maccau! He has brought me oatmeal....condensed milk, and bread. He is the coolest. I just love old chinese people.

This week we had a chang out! (it means please. and you add out for missionaries to understand i guess) We went to SAI KUNG! I am convinced that Sai Kung was the garden of eden. Any way we walked in and they made us take off our shoes and gave us little slippers to wear. Then i found myself hoping that they would feed us fish! yep, weird. But the food was so good! and we eat chicken wings with chopsticks. I think that is the hardest tings to eat with chop sticks haha. Try it out. But i dont think i will know how to eat without them when i get home!

This is a long email but i also went on an exchange this week to Wan Chai. That place is like one of the most busy places in Hong Kong. We went finding for over 6 hours.... it was so fidderent from Kwun Tong. I just want to say that i love my companion and i love my area and i love my investigators! by the way, we had to turn charlie over to the elders because when they split our ward she was in the other ward :( but she cant get baptized on her date. SHe went missing for a week! And then she got a job and couldnt meet with us. It breaks my heart. But tonight we are going to eat at another investigators house and will teach them the 3rd lesson! I am so excited! And we also have Ashley! She is what you call a golden investigator. the second lesson she told us that she knew joseph smith was a true prophet and that she knew the church was true. Well thank you ashley!!!!!!! There really are people prepared to hear the gospel!!!!!

I love you and i love being a missionary and i love china and i love HONG KONG!!!!!!!

pic. the family in sai kung (members)
ashely!!!!!
woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment