Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

GOODMORNING! MUMSIE AND DAD
This week was such a great week. GENERAL CONFERENCE was aboslutly amazing. I feel as if every single talk was exactly for me. I have never has such a strong witness to me that Thomas S Monson is a true prophet of God. HE IS and I know it. I know that he speaks with God and he knows EXACTLY how to help each individual member of this church. I did get to see it in english at the Wan Chai chapel! The chapel is the most beauiful chapel ever. Look it up. It is 7 stories of lovely. Anyway, My favorite talks were of course our beloved prophet but also president eyring. I felt the love of our Heavenly Father flow from their souls to mine as i listened to their heartfelt testimonies and advice. Then we thank thee oh god for our prophet was the great finisher to this amazing conference! Before conference i really prepared myself to have humility to know what i needed to change in my life. Holy Cow to i have a lot to change. and one message was that we need to change NOW! we cannot wait to make changes in our lives. The time is short and we need to make the decision to follow christ in not only our actions and words, but our thoughts. I have made a new goal to have Christlike thoughts. It is very difficult but this is one thing that i will change in my life. I hope that you really listened with your spirit while listening to conference. I hope that we all know how we can change and become who God wants us to be and knows we can be.
 
dad i know how you feeel about those rice cheeks. People tell me about them all the time. I have already gotten them. We eat rice and noodles for every single meal! well i try to eat cereal for breakfast. but yeah i feel like i have lost weight everywhere but my face! haha that is the worst. also i feel that all the humidity soaks into my skin and then i just am all puffy........oh the life of a missionary haha.
 
I LOVED getting the letters from lieke and janice! thank you for sending them! They are amazing. I think about them a lot and hope that they are doing well.! JANICE COME TO HONG KONG! ill be here for a while haha. BUT IT IS ALREADY IN THE MIDDLE OF MY 4Th MONTH ON MY MISSION! it is so fast...well some days seem slower haha but it is flying by and my chinese is not improving as fast as i would like. BUT i was told that my sounds and ones are improving and that i can sihk teng a whole lot!! woohoo!!!
 
so i am also very happy that sister lee and i have 9 more weeks together! but i know presdent hawks knows we like each other so he will change us next move. thats how it goes here. But sister lee cant say my name and it is so cute. she just calls me sister hambreen! she tries sooo hard to say it right but cant haha.
 
so ill have to admit that i am liking the chinese style now. Last p day i bought 2 of the ugliest sweaters i think i have ever seen. But i....like them.... anyway. mom now that you are a grandma you will have to take on the granny fashion here in hong kong! haah the only ladies love to jerk leapord pants and ':hip" shirts haha.  so mom i will make sure to bring you some clothes home. and dad you can be a grandpa with surfer shorts and an open sutton up shirt haha. Yeah you can only imagine what they wear haha.
 
I AM BECOMING CHINESE! we went to eat at a litle place on the street the other day and we were with ashley. then ashely and sister lee just looked at me and started laughing. when they finally pointed a my toohpic in my hand. I was picking my teeth like a true chinese old man! And now i can even burp out loud to make sure everyoe knows i like the food. It is no weird or anything to just burp all day everyday. especially when you are talking to people. ewww.
 
GUESS WHAT?!?!!?!? WE HAVE ALMOST REACTIVATED TWO OF OUR LESS ACTIVES! i dont know if that is more exciting or knowing that ashley will be baptizzed next month :) well we still have faith that she will. She is progressing wonderfully. Alhough our other 14 are not...but at least they want to learn about the gospel! It is soooooo hard to have people keep commitments!!!!!!!!!!!! no one wants to come to church or read their scriptures. I wish that they could just see how the gospel can bless their lives!!!!
 
So we just got a bom in cantonese! With the pinyam. But we were told not to read it becasue spoken and written cantonese are so different. President Hawks told us that we can only read it if we are reading a scripture to someone.I wish i could just read in cantonese! After m mission i guess i will.
 
Tell granny that i love her. I am so sad that she is in so much pain right now. I hope that you will all love her while we have her! I miss her so much but i know tha papa misses her more. Let her know that i am so happy to be her granddaughter.
<3
<3 <3
oh and we got new missionaries this week! I AM NO LONGER that NEW! haha WOOHOOOOOOOOO!
 
just remember what president monson said
THE BLOWS OF LIFE ARE TOUGH, BUT JUST REMEMBER THE STRONGER THE BREEZE THE STRONGER THE TREES!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO much and cant wait for you to expreience china :)
 
pic. ashley bought us a tony wong cake! it was amazing!!! mmm mmm mmm
at the temple with ashley
 
LOVE SISTER BUG blockhead emmyb hambreen

No comments:

Post a Comment