Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sept. 15, 2013

September 15, 2013

Hi mumsie!!!

I didnt get a letter from you this week :( :( why not?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! 
anyway ill just talk to you haha. Like dad says, i can talk and talk and talk and not really say anything, but i hope i tell you things you want to here! 

so this week i ate some cow intestines and stomach. That was probably the weirdest looking food ever. (and weirdest texture). Haha i am getting such a different eperience than the other missionaries with american companions. My trainer knows all the ins and outs and experiences she thinks i should have in china. haha. I hope i make it! 

So this week is MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL! It is a chinese festival that is centered on FAMILY! Perfect because i love my family. They have the coolest little traditions. They will all stay together and eat moon cakes. They are super good little cake thingys. You can look them up haha. ANd then they will pit candles in oranges and then put them in a circle. Then they will all sit in the circle and eat fruit, moon cakes, and just talk. It is so cool. Then they light those little lanterns that float in the sky. It is really such a great time. I miss my family during the family festivals, but i know that i can be with mine forever!

This week our ward split! Remember when i told you that one of our goals in to get 8 new wards in 18 months? THE WORK IS MOVING FORWARD! :) But since our ward split we are losing investigators and innactives. I am so sad! We still dont know which ward we will serve in but i think ill stay in Kwun Tong. Kwun Tong has about 800,000 people so it is verrrrryyyyyy big. 

Oh and mom the mosquitoes here are awful! And sorry to tell you I scratch a lot :( I am starting to get little scars and i was wondering how expensive scar remover cream was in america. I think it is a lot more expensive in china. Do you think you could send me some in a package sometime? and dont worry i spray with bug spray but it doesnt really work haha. They have always liked me! i think the scar creme is called maderma. 

So yesterday we saw miracles! It was sooooo hooooot like every other day, and we were finding. Finding is so hard because everyone says "mmh daakan" That means not available. They are alwyas so so busy. That is one thing that is the hardest to get used to. Everyone works so much and is just so busy. Anyway we were finding and a lady came up to us! She asked for a flier and to tell us about our religion. Ok this NEVER happens. We were so excited. WE also do something called pullbacks. That is when we try to get people to come back to the church with us so that we can teach(because no one wants you in their house because they are all so small), We were about 20 minutes from the church and this lady was problaby about 65 years old. She wanted to see the church! THis was the first person we have ever pulledback. It was amazing. This little old lady walked up stairs and hills for 20+ minutes to see our church. Then we gave her a tour and taught her the first lesson. We asked her what she thought about Joseph Smith and she said "yeah i think it happened. It makes sense". That is so simple and so powerful.  This gospel MAKES SENSE! When people her it, they love it. THe hard part is getting people to take the first step. To get interest in another religion. But the gospel is so powerful if they open up. 

Then right after that we found a man named Eric! (yep i just thought of my old uncle eric :) )
He was like, yeah ill come to the church. Tell me about you and what you believe. ANOTHER MIRACLE! haha really, no one ever says that. Dad you understand haha. So we gave him a tour and we sat down and he just started asking questions. Like what i wanted to do with my career and why and how and when and everything under the sun. Then he turned it around and asked what my purpose was in this life. He asked how i believed that God existed. He asked me what what the time that i can't forget when i felt God's love the most and knew He existed. I didnt know what to say. So many things in my life prove to me the existance of my Heavenly Father. The beautiful Earth we have to live on. Everytime I think of my family. The perfect gospel that shows me exactly what to do and who to be. The scriptures that teach me how to be better. Everytime i bear my testimony i feel God's love. Every time I study about the plan of salvation, Just everything tells me that God does exist! Then he said that his life has been full of just wandering. He doesn't have balance, he deosnt know what to do or where to go. He wants a goal, or a purpose in his life! PERFECT! That is exactly why the missionaries are here :) haha. Sorry if this story doesnt make sense.. But then he talked about Albert Einstein. Yep and how he was the smartest person in the world and he didnt have a religion. (right now i want to thank our gospel discussions and our talks with the Davis family). I remembered what we had said about Einstein and how even he believed in God. I brought that up and it totally changed Eric's look on the missionaries. I dont exactly know why, but he then reschelueled us and gave us his number. I love the gospel and the changes it makes in the lives of others!!!!!!!!! 

ok so now dad, I am writing you a letter now and am answering all your questions about culture, school, and Kwun Tong :) HOw long does it take a letter to get to you? Have you recieved any of mine? let me know! :)

One more story! So this week we have reallllly been focusing on members becasue we NEED MEMBERS! So we went to visit  Brother Chan. He has a disability and can't use his hand. I dont  know what it is called but his hand is stuck up to his chest and he has a limp. He let us come over and then brought in 4 big bags. In these bags were hundreds of drawings of the Savior, Joseph Smith, and other gospel things. He told us that he is able to draw with his bad hand! It is so amazing. I just thought about the blessings of the Atonement. One day he will be perfect. I cant wait for him. Then he told me I could have one of his drawings! He gave me one of the Savior. Ill send in in a different email. It is so amazing. He is a miracle.

PICTURE TIME-------

So our elders baptized one of their investigators this past week! It was so cool! His name is Dave and he is just so great :)

The picture of the mint is just showing you what this weather is doing to all our food and just everything haha. So weird!







I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Thank you for the letters and the support. I miss you and love love ya. Mom i hope you back is doing better and dad i want to know about your bees!!!!!!

<3 <3 XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
sister Huhng 

No comments:

Post a Comment